I am a classically trained singer and a graduate of Julliard Pre-college. I received my bachelors in vocal performance from Purchase College, and then my masters degree from Florida State University. I have performed with varies Opera companies, and was an affiliated artist with the Orlando Opera company. I have been teaching classical voice for 14 years.
I taught private voice lessons to undergraduates minoring in vocal performance.
The MTNA was founded in 1876 with the goal of advancing the value of music study and music-making to society while supporting the careers and professionalism of teachers of music. With nearly 22,000 members in 50 states—and more than 500 local affiliates—the MTNA is the preeminent source for music teacher support, where members embody like-minded values and commitment to their students, colleagues and society as a whole, while reaping the rewards of collaboration, continuity and connection throughout the lifetime of their careers.
· Singing · In home Aleksandra is very knowlgeable and patient with teaching. My first class with her was awesome and I look forward to more amazing learning days.
· Singing · In studio Aleksandra knows what she is doing, she is very talented and very skilled at what she does.
· Classical Piano · In studio Terrific
· · In studio Incredibly patient.
· Piano · In studio Great
· Classical Voice · In home Aleksandra has been my two daughters' voice teacher for nearly 4 years. She is a great teacher, mentor and motivator. Not only is she a phenomenal singer herself, she is effective in making her students become great singers! On top of that, she is a wonderful person with whom we truly enjoy engaging.
· Singing · In studio I have known Ms. Vargas for a total of fourteen years. Ms. Vargas and I attended the same Undergraduate and Graduate programs and have collaborated in different projects; one of them has included teaching.
Ms. Vargas is an attentive and compassionate teacher and mentor. She is a very talented performer who is always looking for ways to innovate her performing and teaching.
Ms. Vargas was invited to participate in our 3rd annual Music workshop in Costa Rica this year. Ms. Vargas will be part of a team of American teachers which will provide voice and piano lessons free of charge to the community of Santa Ana in Costa Rica.
She is a wonderful performer, teacher and human being.
· Classical Voice · In home Mrs. Aleksandra has a beautiful voice and is a phenomenal instructor/mentor. She has helped me improve tremendously and grow as a student. Whenever I ask Mrs. Aleksandra a question, she always answers, and works with me until I understand. I look forward to our lessons every week so that I can continue to learn the art of classical voice.
· Singing · In studio I have loved working with Mrs. Aleksandra. I have done musical theatre and singing since I was little, but she has taught me so much and I have become a much better performer since I started taking lessons. I really like how I can tell her what style I like to sing (Broadway-Musical Theatre) and we can narrow done which songs I can work on and which sound best for me. I have gathered a lot of material for auditions and I look forward to lessons evey week!
· Vocal Training · In studio I am a professional singer, voice teacher and university professor. Having known her since we were in graduate school (at one of the top institutions in the country for vocal music,) I can only 'highly recommend' Aleksandra as a teacher and a singer! She sings with grace, power and extraordinary color. She is a capable and adaptive musician, whom above all, I respect for her intelligence and candor. You will get a lot out of lessons with her!