Aimee's Teaching Mission:
To provide an inspiring environment for students to learn their favorite songs and to encourage creativity through exploring songwriting. Aimee demonstrates a clear self-awareness…revisionary”–Austin Chronicle
“Nothing short of a work of art”–Performing Songwriter
*Over ten years experience as a professional performing and touring musician
*Five years teaching private and group classes in guitar, piano, bass, songwriting
(over 100 private students)
*Three years instructing Rock Camp USA Austin (children band camp)
*Selected as a “Top 10 Band” by Austin Monthly
*Featured in Austin’s premiere photo journal, Sound of Austin
*Charted co-written songs in Europe
*Songs commissioned and licensed to film
*Performances with Dr. John, Ian McClagan (The Faces, Rolling Stones),
Alejandro Escovedo, Ian Moore, Freedy Johnston, Thao and The Get Down Stay Down and more
Aimee''s Music Studio is a privately operated studio for music instruction hosted by award winning and international touring songwriter/performer, Aimee, in downtown Austin, TX. Both private and group lessons are available in guitar, piano, electric bass, and songwriting. Students vary in age from 5 years to 60 + years and are of a beginner and intermediate level. Lessons are conducted in 30 to 60 minute intervals. Styles studied are in the popular music genre (rock, pop, country, blues and fingerpicking techniques). Music fundamentals in reading, tablature, scales, and ear training are stressed and all lessons are supplemented with audio and visual reference material recorded during lessons.
*** Studio Equipment ***
Acoustic & Electric Guitars
Recording Gear to Record Lesson to E-mail Student
*** Travel Equipment ***
I provide my instrument, stand, music and charts.
The student provides their instrument and a quiet, undisturbed working space.
*** Specialties ***
As a professional performing artist I help intermediate students adapt songs for performance and explore performance from a background in acting. From the moment you walk on stage the performance has begun. We discuss how to introduce a song, talk on the mic between songs, and how to deliver an energetic engaging performance.
I work directly with students wanting to compose and write their own songs. We look a different techniques to help you get "un-stuck" and to widen your chord range and feel in songs.
Co-writing is included upon request.
I have with both beginner and intermediate students arranged recording sessions with professional studios to document songs in a professional environment complete with band and all!
I combine a both classical note reading/theory with learning by ear. I simplify chords to get students playing quickly and to reap fulfillment from the very first lesson.
I provide you with the basics in the first three lessons and resources online to help you get moving quickly. We discuss your specific performance goals and track your progress weekly.
Employed for over 3 years at the Austin School of Music teaching piano, guitar and songwriting.
Independently contracted private music instructor at Khabele
· Piano · In home Fantastic teacher. Amazing lesson plans. Really really happy with it
· Guitar · In studio We got right to work on a song I selected. Aimee gave me a range of interlocking to work on which was just enough of a challenge. I've really enjoyed p.o. king up my guitar and practicing. Can't wait for the next lesson.
· Guitar · In studio Had my first lesson yesterday. I play a bit, so we started with chords, and she showed me the caged system. Quite a revelation. Really enjoyed her easy way and
her focus. Very fast hour.Afterwards,she played me one of her tunes. Really great songwriter too!. Definetely looking forward to next weeks lesson.
· Guitar · In home Off to a great start after the first lesson.
· Guitar · In studio Nice first lesson. Looking forward to more!
· Piano · In home Aimee is great keeping childen focused and interested. Our children are young (4 and 6) but she breaks down the information very well and is able to hold their attention. We really appreciate her skill, energy and her no nonsense approach (but still fun!)
· Guitar · In home Aimee is patient and very easy to work with.
· Guitar · In studio I am a retired faculty/staff member of The University of Texas at Austin with degrees in education. An 8th grade teacher diagnosed me to be musically challenged, and I was told not to make an effort to learn music. After retiring I decided to get a guitar and try to learn something about music. I had been trying to learn how to play on my own, but I soon realized that I needed a teacher. The first teacher I tried could not answer my questions, and inspire progress. Aimee demonstrated a very high excellence in teaching proficiency in the first lesson. While in her studio I observed her teaching young students, and it was obvious to me that she could teach both young and older students equally well. Have confidence that you can learn music with Aimee's guidance.
· Electric Guitar · In studio I'm a new student to Aimee, but have played guitar for years. My goal is to learn some music theory, understand chord progressions and positions, improve technique, and learn how to learn songs: how to break them down into chunks, so it's not overwhelming. It's already clear that she and I are going down that path. Best of all, she is patient, which should be incredibly important to any student.
· Piano · In studio My nine year old daughter has been taking piano lessons from Aimee for nearly three years. I really like Aimee's approach. For beginner students, she uses structured lessons teaching the all important fundamentals. As my daughter advances, Aimee continues to stress theses fundamentals combined with tailor-made lessons drawing from my daughter's musical interests. Plus, her strong communication skills go beyond from behind the piano. Her administration of her services make it a breeze to arrange lessons, make up lessons, and the like. Lastly, Aimee is just a down right cool lady, who clearly loves music and enjoys teaching what she loves. Thanks, Aimee!