I am contemporary realist painter and I have just recently moved to Jacksonville, Florida. I received an MFA from the New York Academy of Art in Manhattan. For four years I worked as a painter and sculptor for world-renowned artist Jeff Koons. I have taught painting as an Adjunct Painting Professor at Brooklyn College, City University of New York and South Piedmont Community College. I have also worked as a Post Graduate Teaching Assistant at the New York Academy of Art.
I aim to achieve two goals in my teaching. First, I want to help students understand how to "see" rather than look. Being able to break down shapes, light and shadow in the visual field is really important. Furthermore, I aim to help students understand how to work with their desired medium. Whether a student wishes to use oil paints, acrylic paints, charcoal or any number of mediums, it is important to understand the best way to utilize each medium. With these two goals in mind, I customize and individualize lessons for students of all ages and levels.
I've been teaching painting for 15 years. I work with my students to customize lessons to their individual needs. Working with specific goals, I can help students achieve whatever level of painting or drawing they wish to achieve. I have taught lessons with students of all ages and all levels. I teach the importance of understanding composition, light and shadow. Together, we can work on realism, abstraction, figurative, landscape or anything you desire!
I would love to help you achieve your artistic goals. Please contact me with any questions you have!
· Oil Painting · Online Adam is very good at building immediate rapport. He quickly assessed where I am in my journey to learn oil painting and was able to walk along side me leading the way. I felt comfortable to ask questions or make comments. I've already learned so much just in my first lesson.
· Drawing · Online Very calm, gives much detail. Look forward to future lessons.
· Drawing · Online Adam was very knowledgable and we enjoyed the lessons!
· Acrylic Painting · Online I learned so much in my first, I can't wait to see what's to come great teacher!
· Acrylic Painting · Online Adam is very patient, knowledgeable and explains things in a way I can easily understand. I'm excited to continue to work with him.
· Oil Painting · Online Excellent teacher. For someone like me with a non-arts background(I'm an engineer), I feel Adam provides a solid foundation which I feel you only get with structured training in an art school. With Adam's training and work experience in prestigious institutions/establishments, you get a lot of that knowledge just by talking to him. I have watched dozens of videos on you tube on "how to" paint a landscape or portrait", but I'm learning solid basics and concepts from Adam which takes care of my foundation.
· Painting · In studio Adam is, hands-down, the best painter I've ever met! He taught me more about painting than my professors in college. He doesn't just teach you composition, light and form; but he also teaches you how to USE the paint. It sounds like a no-brainer, but learning how paint works and the best way to apply it is golden information that other painting instructors seem to leave out. Adam can look at your art and tell you exactly where to make improvements. He does so easily, quickly and with patience and compassion. I highly recommend hiring Adam as an instructor!