- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Hello! My name is Adam and I'm so happy to be a part of this community! I've moved here from the east coast where I was a teacher and co-director for music programs at a K-8 music school for 6 years. Currently, I'm a director for a music program in North Portland. During my almost two decades of teaching around the world, I've come across many students of all ages with various levels. Many have won competitions and have participated in regional bands. I’ve graduated with honors from New England Conservatory of Music with a Masters in flute performance. I’ve studied in Switzerland with James Galway and in London with William Bennett, and in the USA with Tara O’Connor and Paula Robison. While living in Germany, I studied at the Hochschule fur Musik und Darstellende in Frankfurt with Thaddeus Watson. With my verse background in performing and music education, I’ve found unique and fun ways to teach students and have them exceed in any of their endeavors.
Started a new music program for wind instruments (Flute, Clarinet, Trumpet and Trombone) ages -8-12.
Teaching and conducting the ensemble.
Music theory, aural skills and music history to beginners.
We offer a unique package combination of cake and music for any event as small as 30 people to 300+ for birthdays, weddings and more. We offer various ranges of ensembles from mariachi bands to small classical chamber ensembles. We cater to your every cake needs and musical desire.
Private students of both piano and flute of various ages and abilities.
Taught winds and piano ages 6-14. Conducted various ensembles. Taught general music to ages 4-5. Taught musicianship courses (music theory, aural skills and history) to beginner and advanced middle school music students.
Teach For America is growing the movement of leaders who work to ensure that kids growing up in poverty get an excellent education.
The National Education Association (NEA), the nation&#039;s largest professional employee organization, is committed to advancing the cause of public education. NEA&#039;s 3 million members work at every level of education&mdash;from pre-school to university graduate programs. NEA has affiliate organizations in every state and in more than 14,000 communities across the United States.
The National Flute Association, founded in 1972, is the largest flute organization in the world. Approximately 5,000 members from more than 50 countries join together in person, online, at conventions, informally and in forums, through publications and classrooms, in performance, in friendship and collegiality. Guided by its goals to encourage a higher standard of artistic excellence for the flute, its performers, and its literature, members include leading soloists, orchestral players, jazz and world music performers, teachers, adult amateurs, and students of all ages.
· Flute · In studio Adam and I hit it off immediately. I like his teaching methods and I believe I will easily achieve my goals. I look forward to having fun and future lessons.
· Cake Decorating · In studio Adam was an awesome teacher. He was very patient with me. I love how passionate he is about his skill. I learned a lot from him and would recommend him to anyone. Keep up the great work and much success to you and your future.
· Piano · In home Adam is a fabulous instructor. My daughter studid with Adam for years. She had learned so much from him. Our family loves Adam and we highly recommend him.
· Music Performance · Adam is a gem--an energetic, engaging personality who brings out the same in others. He is a dedicated, skillful pedagogue, having many years of experience with a diverse range of students, in challenging environments. Highly recommended!
· Flute · In home He was the best instructor I have ever had! He was very patient and made sure I had a strong foundation first.
· Baking · In home Adam is awesome, he is a good teacher and very patient with children. My kids loved being with him and he obviously enjoyed their company too. Thanks a million Adam!
· Baking · In home My kids LOVED baking with Adam. Having seen and tasted some of Adam's own creations, my three children could not wait to bake with him. A patient and funny teacher, Adam explained and guided my children as they created delicious baked treats. Many months later, my children still talk about their baking classes. If you want to help your child gain independence and confidence in the kitchen, then sign her/him up for baking classes with Adam.
· English · Not only is Adam talented musically but he has a heart of gold. He has the ability to make others feel comfortable around him and is relatable. This is crucial when teaching others. I have had the opportunity to listen to him play in various venues, both in front of live audiences and with children. Each and every time, the performances were spectacular!
· Baking · In home Adam's effective teaching can be directly attributed to the combination of both his authentic interest in a student's well-being complemented by his passion for the subject area. He compassionately provides simple and easy instruction which empowers you for success!
· Flute · In studio Mr Eccleston is a great teacher. He is very engaging, and my daughter loved to play flute with him. He helped her to feel inspired and involved and motivated. His warm and caring personality helped her to grow into her musical self. He balanced his joyful approach with concrete and specific learning goals and skills. I wish he had stayed in Boston so all of my children could study with him. Lucky you if you arrange for lessons with him.