I'm a seasoned guitarist with over 15 years playing and 9 years teaching experience. I have a Bachelor of Music from NYU, I am Manhattan based and have a multitude of both live and studio session work experience. My studio experience includes having worked with notable producers, doing sessions for a variety of musicians and doing music for advertisements. My performing background includes having played guitar for various rock groups throughout the country at famous venues including The Bowery Ballroom, Music Hall of Williamsburg, Gramercy Theater, 9:30 Club, Electric Factory, Orpheum Theatre Boston, The Roxy and festivals such as Lollapalooza, SXSW and CMJ. I've also written instructional articles for Premier Guitar magazine.
I'm a versatile player, comfortable teaching a wide variety of styles at all levels.
*** Lesson Details ***
I'm a laid back teacher with an easy going nature, but I do expect my students to put time into their practicing. I customize my curriculum based on your needs. If you are a complete beginner who really has a desire to learn the instrument, we will focus on technique, theory and improvisation as it applies to your favorite styles and songs.
For students who want to play more casually, we will focus on mastering techniques that will get you playing your favorite tunes while bypassing the theoretical aspects.
Intermediate/Advanced students are welcome to choose the areas they feel they need to improve, whether it's understanding how to apply modes to your soloing or developing a fluid sweeping technique.
My home studio has a spare guitar and amp for your convenience.
*** Studio Equipment ***
space with instruments seating for parents
*** Specialties ***
I specialize in Rock/Metal/Blues but can teach all genres comfortably.
My method is custom tailored to the student. If gaining a deep knowledge of the instrument is his/her goal I focus on technique, theory, and application through improvisation. If a student would rather learn their favorite songs I spend the majority of the time focusing on the techniques needed to perform the tune and pepper in a little theory where applicable.
Created video demonstrations of famous rock/metal songs. Transcribed songs
· Guitar · In home Awesome guy! Very knowledgable!
· Guitar · In studio Before taking lessons with Adam, I had no knowledge about playing guitar and fundamentals of music theory.
So,at the beginning, Adam patiently taught me music theory and the technique to play guitar. During the lessons, I have asked him basic questions about music theory time and again, and he patiently explained the concepts to me. Also, sometimes, I asked him to explain me the song composition (chord structure , melody , bass and etc) of some random songs, and he quickly broke it down in the class and showed me how the song is constructed.
One thing I like about the class structure is that Adam gives you the freedom to choose the lesson content. And, then he slowly nudges you on the right path. In terms of scheduling a lesson, Adam is very accommodating, and he accommodated my every request to change the schedule.
Another thing I would like to mention is Adam's depth of knowledge in terms of music history. Adam always explained me the music concepts by telling me how they got introduced into the music culture.
I will recommend Adam to anyone who wants to learn music.
· Guitar · In studio I am picking up the guitar again after a long hiatus and Adam has been incredibly helpful. He's extremely knowledgeable and friendly, and his lessons have challenged me to learn the fundamentals I had been ignoring. At end of each lesson, I feel that I am developing a solid set of foundations to apply in my playing. I'd recommend Adam to anyone looking to learn the instrument from any backgrounds.
· Guitar · In studio Adam was friendly and patient with me during our first few months of lessons. However, once I started bringing some concerns about lessons to his attention he began to retaliate. He did this by not teaching me things he had agreed to, not responding to my emails very quickly and being rude to me during lessons.
· Guitar · In studio For what concern me and my needs, is the best one, the competencies that I was looking for, the right music knowledge, patient, clear. Thumbs up!
· Guitar · In studio Adam is awesome. He can teach you theory and how raw notes combine to build progressions - or you can skip the sheet and just rock out.
The lesson is always on point. I've never left without a new ability. I've also never left there without the thought "I cant believe a full hour has already passed!"
Adam, thank you. This has been so much fun - and I promise I'm reviewing that diatonic triad sheet you gave me...
· Guitar · Adam is patient, very skilled, and knowledgeable and I learn a great deal from him plus I had lots fun learning and practicing drills. Awesome teacher!
· Music Theory · In studio I would highly recommend instruction from Adam. His depth of knowledge of music theory and the guitar are very obvious, but his teaching style is very easy to follow, is clear and calculated, and has proven to be a great method for me. My band has seen a significant difference with my communication in the studio, and I'm finally able to understand why I have been doing certain things (by ear) in the past. Before taking lessons from Adam, I had exhausted many instruction books and online tutorials, most of which left out critical steps to really understanding the basics first, in a digestible way. The 1-on-1 instruction with him has been incredibly helpful and I no longer feel intimidated by trying to understand theory!
· Guitar · 6 months of lessons
Adam exceeded my expectations in what I was looking for from an instructor to advance my guitar playing to the next level. His knowledge, instruction and patience helped me greatly in improving and gaining confidence in my guitar playing. Any questions regarding theory, style, timing, etc, he was able to answer in a way that was greatly beneficial and helped me understand. I would highly recommend him to any level guitar player for lessons.
· Guitar · Fantastic teacher, highly recommended!
I'm a beginner so I haven't had a lot of experience with guitar or other instructors but I have to say Adam exceeded all expectations. He's extremely knowledgeable and well-versed in all guitar styles and is extremely pleasant to be around. These lessons really have been the highlight of my week. He takes the time to email me every single thing we've done during our lessons so I have an easier time working on things at home and is constantly finding ways to make each lesson better than the one before. I highly recommend him.