- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Aaron is available for in-home, in-studio, and online guitar, ukulele, and bass guitar lessons worldwide. Aaron has been playing guitar for over 15 years and teaching music since 2004. Aaron teaches people of all ages and levels of experience. Although trained in standard teaching methods, Aaron also uses some of his own methods of teaching to positively enhance the students’ strength, dexterity, ear-training, memorization and techniques. His goal as a teacher is specifically designed to help you achieve your goals as an artist and a musician. Aaron is flexible, fun-loving, and takes pride in helping students succeed.
Aaron attended the University of Colorado, Boulder, where he received his Bachelor of Arts in Musicology. He is constantly continuing his education with music theory courses and private guitar instruction from Boulder guitar legend Bill Kopper.
Aaron is an expert transcriber for guitar and bass using notation and tablature, effective exercises, and he can break it down and explain complex patterns in a simple, easy-to-understand way that better enhances the students’ learning.
Aaron has been learning tunes by ear for many years and can easily teach any song. Lessons with Aaron cover selections from all of your favorite artists such as Led Zeppelin, Green Day, Guns 'N' Roses, Train, Maroon 5, John Mayer, Dave Matthews Band, Jason Mraz, Jack Johnson, The Beatles, Santana, Jimi Hendrix, and Eric Clapton to name a few.
Another nice feature that you might enjoy from one-on-one sessions with Aaron is learning the ability to craft and record your own songs using state of the art technology that caters to your own unique personality. You can record segments of musical selections you are currently working on to see more clearly how to practice. There are no limits!
Lessons are scheduled to best fit to the student's schedule when possible.
Students receive complimentary audio lessons and transcriptions of songs upon their first or second session. Aaron is a very patient instructor and understands that students learn at a different pace. After all guitar is supposed to be fun, not difficult and frustrating.
· Guitar · In home Aaron is very patient and understanding about what you want to accomplish in your playing. He's vastly open to multiple songs and quickly picks up on the songs that he doesn't know to be able to teach you. Awesome learning experience.
· Guitar · In home Aaron has been working with my 11 year old son G since last fall, so my review is sadly overdue. I initially chose him because his musical influences seemed in line with my sons. Since then we have learned much about Aaron, and he has become a wonderful addition to our home. Our first lesson was spent teaching G about his guitar, making sure we had the right tools and listening to music. Aaron took great care to listen to my son and learn about his interests and goals. His patience is endless, and he truly has a passion for opening up students to all types of music. All of the music G has learned is something that they chose together through listening and collaboration.
Over the next several months we enjoyed watching G build on his love of music and he really looks forward to his lessons. Through this process Aaron helped us learn that G was having trouble with hand strength and so he suggested trying the Ukulele until his hands grew a bit and got stronger. Aaron went above and beyond to help us pick the right instrument for him. Since changing over, our home has been filled with the sounds of the Ukulele, and G practices more than ever. Our family is lucky to have found Aaron, and he is the perfect fit for our son.
· Ukulele · In home My daughter and I both think Aaron is great. I hired him to teach my 7 year old daughter. He's patient, kind, and clearly not only knows his instruments, but also loves them. He has a quiet passion for music that really makes her want to do well.
· Guitar · In home Aaron introduced my 10 year old daughter to guitar and taught her all about the various components of the guitar and some simple chords and notes. He talked about music with her and catered lessons to focus on songs she was interested in. Aaron came to our house, met our whole family and was very professional. As a parent, I couldn't ask for a better teacher!
· Guitar · In home Aaron is patient, encouraging and extremely talented. He finds a way to make the learning fun and relevant. I would highly recommend him for in-home lessons.
· Guitar · In home We just completed our third lesson with Aaron and he has been nothing short of exceptional
Our 12 year old has already learned so much and thoroughly enjoys his time during his lesson
· Guitar · In home I had a great experience working with Aaron. He is open to lot of different styles of music, and his first question to me was "what would you like to learn?" He gave me the tools to practice what I had learned, and made use of every minute of hour half-hour lesson. He obviously knows how to play, but he's also an extremely talented teacher. Book this guy while you can afford him, and while he still has time available!!
· Guitar · In home Aaron was a very friendly teacher, and very patient. His musical skills show and he is a very talented and unique individual. Aaron was a motivating and inspiring mentor, who has so much knowledge about music. He puts his soul into his craft and made me want to create and write music. Taking lessons from Aaron was a great experience, and I enjoyed my time learning from him.
· Guitar · In home Aaron is one of the finest guitar teachers I have ever had the privilege of learning from. My favorite thing about the way he teaches is his versatility and his ability to adapt each lesson to fit my personal goals. He has honed his ability to pick out chords and rhythms quickly which makes him able to learn and teach new songs on the spot. Aaron's knowledge of the guitar and navigating the fret board makes him capable of teaching every level of student- he speaks the languages of melody and rhythm fluently. I have enjoyed learning valuable lessons from him over the years that have taken my playing to the next level. The best way to go into a lesson with Aaron is to know what you want to get out of it in advance, whether it is learning a song, learning simple chords and scales, working on ear training, or learning advanced guitar techniques and knowledge. In our studies, we have shifted more towards learning how to navigate the fret board, and how to recreate scales, chords, and patterns as we move from one position to another across the fret board. I would recommend him to any student of any level!