Vauxhall Language Lessons
Looking for private in-home or in-studio lessons? Our Vauxhall teachers are ready to get you started. Find your teacher today!
Search for a teacher
Compare hundreds of teachers based on the criteria that matter to you, including background checks, age and experience.
Schedule your lessons
When you've found the perfect match, schedule your lessons online using the teacher's real-time availability.
Connect with your teacher
Your teacher will welcome you with a personalized curriculum to meet your specific goals and you'll be able to manage your entire schedule through our free online account.
Zero travel time is great for a busy schedule.
Typically priced lower than local lessons.
Online students stick with lessons as long as local students.
Tamar knows when to slow down if her stud
It was a pleasure seeing how fast my daughter improved her English and we both appreciated meeting Tamar, who is a great person :)"
And they're not alone!
Our teachers have taught
lessons and counting!
View Full Profile
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
• Private and public Spanish Instructor
I teach beginning to advanced-level Spanish to persons of all ages. Books, media, dictionaries, age-appropriate games, and flash cards are the materials used for instruction. Students are assessed with oral and written quizzes.
• A variety of certificates of training and teaching, in the realm of Overseas Language Instruction in English and Spanish, Teaching Orientation
*** Lesson Details ***
They will walk into a highly positive, friendly, warm environment with an instructor who is able to recognize immediately their instructional level and needs, and will be able to connect with them. They will experience immediate results and feed off of their success and be encouraged for future sessions.
· Spanish · In home
· Spanish ·
I've taken many Spanish lessons that have ranged from various software programs to personal tutors. Vania is great. She knows how to relate with each person in order to convey concepts. She's the best I have worked with.
She's also very accommodating, since I tend to change my schedule around a lot. She is always flexible to accommodate. Vania is simply great.
As a teacher, I draw on my professional experience as an actor and singer, my teaching background in myriad subjects (Feldenkrais, Music Together, general music, theatre, yoga, fitness, literature, etc.), and my eclectic training in acting, classical voice, musical theatre, various methods of body work, and healing.
I strive to create a working environment where students feel safe to take risks, learn to challenge themselves, and find increased joy and freedom in expression. Self-awareness/body
Though I have a long background in performing arts and performing arts education, my teaching philosophies and techniques draw primarily from my study of movement and mindfulness through disciplines such as yoga, and especially the Feldenkrais Method, "a remarkable approach to human movement, learning and change... based on sound principles of physics, neurology and physiology, and the conditions under which the nervous system learns best." (The Feldenkrais Institute, NY, NY, 2013).
- Feldenkrais Awareness Through Movement Teacher
- Feldenkrais Practitioner Training Program certification in process
- Bachelor of Music, Highest Honors, SUNY Binghamton
- Professional singing in the US and Europe
- Professional acting throughout the US, theater and film (member of SAG-AFTRA and AEA)
- 100+ hours of YA approved yoga teacher training
- Eclectic studies in voice and body work (Linklater, Sound Healing, various dance styles, Kinetic Awareness, Tai Chi, Beijing Opera techniques)
- Kids/family music teacher certified by Music Together (an amazing, international, research-based program)
- Teaching artist (opera, chorus, musical theater, acting/improv, mindfulness) at schools around NYC - Bronx High School for Law and Finanace, PS 129, Yorkville East MS, Baruch MS, Anderson MS, PS 3
- Former fitness instructor
Finding mastery in practices of music, acting, and mindfulness have core similarities - when you find your flow, it feels like flying. But we have to start from the ground up. The stronger the foundation, the higher you fly. Let's get started!
Notes on teaching locations:
- HOME STUDIO: For a number of reasons, I prefer to teach at my home studio whenever possible. I have two friendly cats - hope you aren't allergic!
- ONLINE: For some students, online lessons are very effective, but for others, it is imperative to meet in person. So if you would like to try online lessons, please message me first to discuss,
· Meditation · In studio
· Singing · In studio
· Acoustic Guitar · In studio
· Bridge · Online
· Norwegian · In studio
· Norwegian · Online
• 10+ years of teaching, training, & tutoring experience.
• Tutoring for many undergraduate courses in math/statistics & economics/econometrics, as well as select courses in biology, physics, social sciences, computer science, systems engineering, and other subjects / areas. Select graduate course assistance offered as well.
• Tutoring for GRE/GMAT and SAT/ACT tests offered with individualized gameplan/schedule. Tutoring for SAT II, GRE II, MCAT / DAT / OAT / PCAT / NCLEX tests also offered.
• Help with high school and middle school curriculum in math, quantitative sciences, social sciences, writing. Help with IB & AP classes and corresponding exams.
• National Merit Scholar & several (10+) AP Tests in High School.
• Will give personal scores upon request.
· Bridge · Online
· Statistics · Online
I graduated from the Lebanese American University in Beirut, Lebanon. She holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Communication Arts and worked as a TV reporter and a documentary filmmaker. I am the founder of Nasma Of New York.
I always enjoyed cooking, sewing, and teaching the Arabic language. I am very proud of my Lebanese heritage and want to shine a positive light on the Arab culture. I currently teache Levantine dialect as well as Modern Standard Arabic to New Yorkers of all ages and backgrounds.
I offer online classes and one to one sessions.
I graduated from the prestigious Berklee College of Music with a bachelor degree in Jazz Vocal Performance.
I was awarded with the third prize from the Shure Montreux Jazz Voice Competition 2016
I tutor several students of all ages in singing technique, Jazz improv techniques and vocal health.
I focus on technique providing technique exercises from Berklee teachers and other techniques methods that I've been selecting in my experience as a student.
I stress a lot on breathing exercises and in the exploring each one's sound in order to achieve my student's goals.
Thank you for your time and consideration!
View Full Profile
In 2013 I gave up a longstanding career in Logistics and Imports to pursue my passion for fitness and education, and I have not looked back since. I enjoy helping others to learn and expand their horizons through language and movement. One of the reasons I became an ESL instructor is because I wanted to experience culture and diversity. I am truly blessed to have been given this wonderful opportunity to impart my own knowledge while lear
· ESL · Online
View Full Profile
Intorally agree with you .
I'm native italian speaker born and raised in Italy.
I got my bachelor degree in Education from Roma 3 University in 2010.
Learning language means to learn about culture.
I have taught students of every age and with different needs between children who learn by playing games and adults who want to acquire a language for their different goals.
View Full Profile
When I was in Italy I tutored elementary, middle school and high school students in English from 2014 to 2016 with positive feedback. From 2016 to 2017 I worked as a Student Assistant on campus at Brookdale Community College where I gave information about enrollment and classes to foreign students, filed papers, typed documents and managed miscellaneous duties.
I really like teaching people that are interested in the study of the Italian language or they want to improve their knowledge. I also help students wi
Speaking a foreign language can lead the way to great experiences in your work, education, and travel. As an official language of 29 countries across the globe, French is one of the top choices for language learners, and its many unique benefits could make it the right choice for you. If you are considering learning French but are still unsure, we have five great reasons that will convince you to start taking French lessons aujourd'hui. 1. Improve Your Career Options Whatever your indus … Read More