Spotswood Language Lessons
Looking for private in-home or in-studio lessons? Our Spotswood teachers are ready to get you started. Find your teacher today!
Search for a teacher
Compare hundreds of teachers based on the criteria that matter to you, including background checks, age and experience.
Schedule your lessons
When you've found the perfect match, schedule your lessons online using the teacher's real-time availability.
Connect with your teacher
Your teacher will welcome you with a personalized curriculum to meet your specific goals and you'll be able to manage your entire schedule through our free online account.
Zero travel time is great for a busy schedule.
Typically priced lower than local lessons.
Online students stick with lessons as long as local students.
I hope you had a very happy National Teacher's day.
Until our next lesson! In the
Doing classes via Skype was simple and easy. I highly recommend Carina's services."
And they're not alone!
Our teachers have taught
lessons and counting!
"Music has always been my absolute favorite thing in the world.
As far as I know, I am the only teacher in New York City who teaches Voice, Piano, Guitar, Bass and Trumpet."
Currently Dominic's studio consists of -
An Academy Award winner
A Tony Award nominee
Four students are currently performing on Broadway
BFA The Boston Conservatory of Music
Notable Quotes about S.:
Ken Nelson (Coldplay) - "Fantastic voice"
Kenneth 'Babyface' Edmonds - "Really cool songs"
Dan Grigsby (Keith Richards' Engineer) - "Genius"
· Singing · In studio
· Trumpet · In home
· Piano · In home
As a teacher, I draw on my professional experience as an actor and singer, my teaching background in myriad subjects (Feldenkrais, Music Together, general music, theatre, yoga, fitness, literature, etc.), and my eclectic training in acting, classical voice, musical theatre, various methods of body work, and healing.
I strive to create a working environment where students feel safe to take risks, learn to challenge themselves, and find increased joy and freedom in expression. Self-awareness/body
Though I have a long background in performing arts and performing arts education, my teaching philosophies and techniques draw primarily from my study of movement and mindfulness through disciplines such as yoga, and especially the Feldenkrais Method, "a remarkable approach to human movement, learning and change... based on sound principles of physics, neurology and physiology, and the conditions under which the nervous system learns best." (The Feldenkrais Institute, NY, NY, 2013).
- Feldenkrais Awareness Through Movement Teacher
- Feldenkrais Practitioner Training Program certification in process
- Bachelor of Music, Highest Honors, SUNY Binghamton
- Professional singing in the US and Europe
- Professional acting throughout the US, theater and film (member of SAG-AFTRA and AEA)
- 100+ hours of YA approved yoga teacher training
- Eclectic studies in voice and body work (Linklater, Sound Healing, various dance styles, Kinetic Awareness, Tai Chi, Beijing Opera techniques)
- Kids/family music teacher certified by Music Together (an amazing, international, research-based program)
- Teaching artist (opera, chorus, musical theater, acting/improv, mindfulness) at schools around NYC - Bronx High School for Law and Finanace, PS 129, Yorkville East MS, Baruch MS, Anderson MS, PS 3
- Former fitness instructor
Finding mastery in practices of music, acting, and mindfulness have core similarities - when you find your flow, it feels like flying. But we have to start from the ground up. The stronger the foundation, the higher you fly. Let's get started!
Notes on teaching locations:
- HOME STUDIO: For a number of reasons, I prefer to teach at my home studio whenever possible. I have two friendly cats - hope you aren't allergic!
- ONLINE: For some students, online lessons are very effective, but for others, it is imperative to meet in person. So if you would like to try online lessons, please message me first to discuss,
· Meditation · In studio
· Singing · In studio
· Acoustic Guitar · In studio
I have since then lived in Paris , Philadelphia and now New York.
He graduated from "Jean-Monnet European High-school" where I specialized in English and French Literature.
I have been teaching FRENCH and DRUMS for more than 12 years now.
About FRENCH LESSONS : ( section about DRUM LESSONS below )
Most people I've taught come to me saying "French is so hard , I will never be able to speak it" or "When I try to speak french, french people answer me in english"
--- THIS WILL NOT HAPPEN WITH ME :)
French is easy , you just need a good teacher who cares about you.
I can help you with :
• Pronunciation ( so that nobody will answer you in English )
• What to know if you go to France soon ( so
• Basic to advanced conversation ( so you can make french friends and understand what they say )
• Train your ear
• Grammar / Vocabulary / Verbs
BUT DON'T WORRY , IT WILL BE FUN !
After the first lesson , ALL my students realize that learning french isn't scary anymore.
So : qui veut apprendre le français ?*
(*who wants to learn french?)
Section about DRUM LESSONS:
On the music side of my studies: I attended the American School of Modern Music of Paris for 3 years and moved to Philadelphia to study with Joe Morello's former student Sam Ruttenberg at the University of the Arts in 2012.
I perform as a professional jazz drummer between Europe and America.
IF YOU CAN SAY IT , YOU CAN PLAY IT !
•I teach beginners to advanced students , all ages and styles are welcome
I can teach you ( how to ) :
• play with other musicians
• the history of the drums
• your role as a drummer
• make music with an instrument that at first doesn't seem very musical
• latin / afro cuban grooves
• correct your grip on the sticks
and everything else you may ask... the possibilities and endless
· French · In studio
· French · Online
· French · In studio
· Danish · Online
· Swedish · Online
· Norwegian · Online
Flexible & fun-loving.
Takes pride in helping students succeed.
· · In home
· Piano · In studio
· Classical Piano · In home
I graduated from the Lebanese American University in Beirut, Lebanon. She holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Communication Arts and worked as a TV reporter and a documentary filmmaker. I am the founder of Nasma Of New York.
I always enjoyed cooking, sewing, and teaching the Arabic language. I am very proud of my Lebanese heritage and want to shine a positive light on the Arab culture. I currently teache Levantine dialect as well as Modern Standard Arabic to New Yorkers of all ages and backgrounds.
I offer online classes and one to one sessions.
I graduated from the prestigious Berklee College of Music with a bachelor degree in Jazz Vocal Performance.
I was awarded with the third prize from the Shure Montreux Jazz Voice Competition 2016
I tutor several students of all ages in singing technique, Jazz improv techniques and vocal health.
I focus on technique providing technique exercises from Berklee teachers and other techniques methods that I've been selecting in my experience as a student.
I stress a lot on breathing exercises and in the exploring each one's sound in order to achieve my student's goals.
Thank you for your time and consideration!
View Full Profile
View Full Profile
About Rosalba Rocio
Rosalba Rocio V.
Rosalba Rocio V.
I am very patient, and I will do my best to create for you the best Hebrew experience!
Learning about and celebrating French holidays is a wonderful way to understand more about French culture as you study this beautiful language. French tutor Carol Beth L. shares the basics you need to know about La Fête des Rois... French Holidays: La Fête des Rois For many people in the United States, Christmas ends at midnight on the evening of December 25th. In France, more people probably still remember that according to the Christian calendar, the Christmas season doesn't offic … Read More