Rockaway Language Lessons
Looking for private in-home or in-studio lessons? Our Rockaway teachers are ready to get you started. Find your teacher today!
Search for a teacher
Compare hundreds of teachers based on the criteria that matter to you, including background checks, age and experience.
Schedule your lessons
When you've found the perfect match, schedule your lessons online using the teacher's real-time availability.
Connect with your teacher
Your teacher will welcome you with a personalized curriculum to meet your specific goals and you'll be able to manage your entire schedule through our free online account.
Zero travel time is great for a busy schedule.
Typically priced lower than local lessons.
Online students stick with lessons as long as local students.
I've taken many Spanish lessons that have ranged from various software programs to personal tutors. Vania is gre
She's also very accommodating, since I tend to change my schedule around a lot. She is always flexible to accommodate. Vania is simply great."
And they're not alone!
Our teachers have taught
lessons and counting!
As a teacher, I draw on my professional experience as an actor and singer, my teaching background in myriad subjects (Feldenkrais, Music Together, general music, theatre, yoga, fitness, literature, etc.), and my eclectic training in acting, classical voice, musical theatre, various methods of body work, and healing.
I strive to create a working environment where students feel safe to take risks, learn to challenge themselves, and find increased joy and freedom in expression. Self-awareness/body
Though I have a long background in performing arts and performing arts education, my teaching philosophies and techniques draw primarily from my study of movement and mindfulness through disciplines such as yoga, and especially the Feldenkrais Method, "a remarkable approach to human movement, learning and change... based on sound principles of physics, neurology and physiology, and the conditions under which the nervous system learns best." (The Feldenkrais Institute, NY, NY, 2013).
- Feldenkrais Awareness Through Movement Teacher
- Feldenkrais Practitioner Training Program certification in process
- Bachelor of Music, Highest Honors, SUNY Binghamton
- Professional singing in the US and Europe
- Professional acting throughout the US, theater and film (member of SAG-AFTRA and AEA)
- 100+ hours of YA approved yoga teacher training
- Eclectic studies in voice and body work (Linklater, Sound Healing, various dance styles, Kinetic Awareness, Tai Chi, Beijing Opera techniques)
- Kids/family music teacher certified by Music Together (an amazing, international, research-based program)
- Teaching artist (opera, chorus, musical theater, acting/improv, mindfulness) at schools around NYC - Bronx High School for Law and Finanace, PS 129, Yorkville East MS, Baruch MS, Anderson MS, PS 3
- Former fitness instructor
Finding mastery in practices of music, acting, and mindfulness have core similarities - when you find your flow, it feels like flying. But we have to start from the ground up. The stronger the foundation, the higher you fly. Let's get started!
Notes on teaching locations:
- HOME STUDIO: For a number of reasons, I prefer to teach at my home studio whenever possible. I have two friendly cats - hope you aren't allergic!
- ONLINE: For some students, online lessons are very effective, but for others, it is imperative to meet in person. So if you would like to try online lessons, please message me first to discuss,
· Meditation · In studio
· Singing · In studio
· Acoustic Guitar · In studio
· Bridge · Online
· Norwegian · In studio
· Norwegian · Online
I am a highly qualified NYC-based Russian and English language teacher with a degree in linguistics/teaching and more than five years of experience. During the years of my teaching practice, I have developed several teaching methods, which I use in my classes. Together we will establish clear objectives for our lessons and will work on your grammar proficiency, listening and speaking skills, and accent neutrality.
I am a strict teacher :) Seriously. You have a goal and I am here to help you get there, whether it is to be able to negotiate with your business partners, speak to your family members or
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask them here using the "Ask a question" button. If you have already decided that you need to speak Russian or English, do not postpone it for another day, month or year. Click the green button and let's do it.
I am looking forward to starting our language journey!
P.S. You can see me in action on my YouTube channel "Anna Cher: Russian from the Heart": https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3r_jGuhcb7D48Vh0pakNcA
Some technical aspects:
- All materials are provided and included into the price of a lesson
- Recommended frequency of lessons: minimum of 2 times per week (duration of each lesson – 1-1.5h). Learning a language is like going to the gym: to get the muscles, you have to practice regularly.
- If you would like to have a class at a specific time and it is not available in my calendar, please send me a message. I may be able to change some things around and accommodate your request.
- I try to be flexible and modify my schedule based on your needs. But please be considerate and let me know 24 hours in advance if you need to reschedule or cancel a class.
· English · In studio
· Russian · Online
Looking forward to the next lesson
· Russian · In home
I have since then lived in Paris , Philadelphia and now New York.
He graduated from "Jean-Monnet European High-school" where I specialized in English and French Literature.
I have been teaching FRENCH and DRUMS for more than 12 years now.
About FRENCH LESSONS : ( section about DRUM LESSONS below )
Most people I've taught come to me saying "French is so hard , I will never be able to speak it" or "When I try to speak french, french people answer me in english"
--- THIS WILL NOT HAPPEN WITH ME :)
French is easy , you just need a good teacher who cares about you.
I can help you with :
• Pronunciation ( so that nobody will answer you in English )
• What to know if you go to France soon ( so
• Basic to advanced conversation ( so you can make french friends and understand what they say )
• Train your ear
• Grammar / Vocabulary / Verbs
BUT DON'T WORRY , IT WILL BE FUN !
After the first lesson , ALL my students realize that learning french isn't scary anymore.
So : qui veut apprendre le français ?*
(*who wants to learn french?)
Section about DRUM LESSONS:
On the music side of my studies: I attended the American School of Modern Music of Paris for 3 years and moved to Philadelphia to study with Joe Morello's former student Sam Ruttenberg at the University of the Arts in 2012.
I perform as a professional jazz drummer between Europe and America.
IF YOU CAN SAY IT , YOU CAN PLAY IT !
•I teach beginners to advanced students , all ages and styles are welcome
I can teach you ( how to ) :
• play with other musicians
• the history of the drums
• your role as a drummer
• make music with an instrument that at first doesn't seem very musical
• latin / afro cuban grooves
• correct your grip on the sticks
and everything else you may ask... the possibilities and endless
· French · In studio
· French · Online
· French · In studio
· Chinese · Online
· Classical Piano · In studio
· Classical Voice · In studio
As a current faculty member of the New York Jazz Workshop, Andrea Veneziani is a dedicated educator. He has taught master classes at the National Institute of Music and the National University of Costa Rica, at the Boğaziçi University in Istanbul, Turkey and at the Olav Duun Videregående Skole in Namsos, Norway. He also served as an adjunct professor at New York University, where he graduated i
· Italian · In studio
During her studies at Berklee College of Music in Boston she worked with renowned Jazz artists such as Danilo Perez, Joe Lovano, John Patitucci and Joanne Brackeen. In addition to her degree in Vocal Performance from Berklee, she also has a degree in Choir Direc
Vivienne has been residing in New York City since April, 2015 where she gave a debut performance at the infamous Blue Note Jazz Club and is currently working on her third album. Her music is available on her website www.vivienneaerts.com and on Spotify, iTunes, and Amazon.
As a vocalist, composer, pianist and educator who is passionate about teaching, Vivienne believes in sharing her joy for music with students of all ages and she is adept in all styles of music. Vivienne has been teaching private piano and voice lessons all over Europe for the last 15 years. For the last five years, Vivienne has also been teaching songwriting and improvisation workshops at the University of Leiden (Netherlands) and at Berklee College of Music in Boston.
Vivienne has a wide variety of students and lesson plans, from the absolute beginner to advanced and professional students. She is known for successfully preparing students for Berklee College of Music auditions since she has been a Berklee Student/Alumni Ambassador for several years.
· Songwriting · Online
· Jazz Voice · In studio
· Vocal Training · Online
I am very patient, and I will do my best to create for you the best Hebrew experience!
View Full Profile
The Korean language is a rich one with a long history. Like any language, the Korean language has gone through many changes over time. When you're learning Korean, it can be fun and helpful to learn about the history and intricacies of the language. Here are five things you probably didn't know about the Korean language. 1. There are Minor Language Differences Between North and South Korea The biggest influences on the Korean language come from English and Chinese, respectively. While … Read More