New Providence Language Lessons
Looking for private in-home or in-studio lessons? Our New Providence teachers are ready to get you started. Find your teacher today!
Search for a teacher
Schedule your lessons
Connect with your teacher
Zero travel time is great for a busy schedule.
Typically priced lower than local lessons.
Online students stick with lessons as long as local students.
I hope you had a very happy National Teacher's day.
Until our next lesson! In the
And they're not alone!
Our teachers have taught
lessons and counting!
My performance biography:
Nicholas C. is in demand with opera companies around the New York area. He was hailed “one of the highlights of the evening” for his portrayal of the Traveler in Britten’s Curlew River with the Church of the Transfiguration. He has premiered roles with Garden State Opera and American Opera Projects. His favorite roles include Silvio, Papageno, Belcore, and Dandini. A veteran of the Dicapo Opera Theatre’s Resident Artist Program, Nicholas has also sung for the Opera Company of Brooklyn, dell’Arte Opera Ensemble, Opera Manhattan Repertory Theatre, and R
*** Travel Equipment ***
If you have a piano or a good keyboard, I can teach at your home.
As a teacher, I draw on my professional experience as an actor and singer, my teaching background in myriad subjects (Feldenkrais, Music Together, general music, theatre, yoga, fitness, literature, etc.), and my eclectic training in acting, classical voice, musical theatre, various methods of body work, and healing.
I strive to create a working environment where students feel safe to take risks, learn to challenge themselves, and find increased joy and freedom in expression. Self-awareness/body
Though I have a long background in performing arts and performing arts education, my teaching philosophies and techniques draw primarily from my study of movement and mindfulness through disciplines such as yoga, and especially the Feldenkrais Method, "a remarkable approach to human movement, learning and change... based on sound principles of physics, neurology and physiology, and the conditions under which the nervous system learns best." (The Feldenkrais Institute, NY, NY, 2013).
- Feldenkrais Awareness Through Movement Teacher
- Feldenkrais Practitioner Training Program certification in process
- Bachelor of Music, Highest Honors, SUNY Binghamton
- Professional singing in the US and Europe
- Professional acting throughout the US, theater and film (member of SAG-AFTRA and AEA)
- 100+ hours of YA approved yoga teacher training
- Eclectic studies in voice and body work (Linklater, Sound Healing, various dance styles, Kinetic Awareness, Tai Chi, Beijing Opera techniques)
- Kids/family music teacher certified by Music Together (an amazing, international, research-based program)
- Teaching artist (opera, chorus, musical theater, acting/improv, mindfulness) at schools around NYC - Bronx High School for Law and Finanace, PS 129, Yorkville East MS, Baruch MS, Anderson MS, PS 3
- Former fitness instructor
Finding mastery in practices of music, acting, and mindfulness have core similarities - when you find your flow, it feels like flying. But we have to start from the ground up. The stronger the foundation, the higher you fly. Let's get started!
Notes on teaching locations:
- HOME STUDIO: For a number of reasons, I prefer to teach at my home studio whenever possible. I have two friendly cats - hope you aren't allergic!
- ONLINE: For some students, online lessons are very effective, but for others, it is imperative to meet in person. So if you would like to try online lessons, please message me first to discuss,
· Meditation · In studio
· Singing · In studio
· Acoustic Guitar · In studio
I am a highly qualified NYC-based Russian and English language teacher with a degree in linguistics/teaching and more than five years of experience. During the years of my teaching practice, I have developed several teaching methods, which I use in my classes. Together we will establish clear objectives for our lessons and will work on your grammar proficiency, listening and speaking skills, and accent neutrality.
I am a strict teacher :) Seriously. You have a goal and I am here to help you get there, whether it is to be able to negotiate with your business partners, speak to your family members or
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask them here using the "Ask a question" button. If you have already decided that you need to speak Russian or English, do not postpone it for another day, month or year. Click the green button and let's do it.
I am looking forward to starting our language journey!
Some technical aspects:
- All materials are provided and included into the price of a lesson
- Recommended frequency of lessons: minimum of 2 times per week (duration of each lesson – 1-1.5h). Learning a language is like going to the gym: to get the muscles, you have to practice regularly.
- If you would like to have a class at a specific time and it is not available in my calendar, please send me a message. I may be able to change some things around and accommodate your request.
- I try to be flexible and modify my schedule based on your needs. But please be considerate and let me know 24 hours in advance if you need to reschedule or cancel a class.
· Russian · Online
Looking forward to the next lesson
· Russian · In home
· Russian · In studio
View Full Profile
George holds a bachelor's degree in Political Science and Associate Degree in Economics from Rutgers University and is completing his Master's Degree in International Affairs. He plans to pursue a PhD upon his graduation and co
· Social Sciences · In studio
· Social Studies · In studio
· Social Sciences · In home
View Full Profile
· Accent Reduction · Online
· Accent Reduction · Online
· English · In studio
Flexible & fun-loving.
Takes pride in helping students succeed.
· · In home
· Piano · In studio
· Classical Piano · In home
· Chinese · Online
· Classical Piano · In studio
· Classical Voice · In studio
· English · In studio
I can't wait to start working with you! I know from experience that a good student/teacher relationship is the key for success, so I approach my teaching with positivity, flexibility, and the firm belief that everyone has innate intelligence waiting to be uncovered and harnessed.
I offer my students humor, support and my own expertise in a variety of subjects relating to the field including audition advice, tips on controlling performing nerves, help with diction, text interpretation, and much more! I believe the student/teacher relationship should be based on trust and mutual respect, and that is what I offer.
Summer is a perfect time for learning French, but it's also a great time for letting loose! In this article, French teacher Seth N. takes you on a short tour of the top summer hits in France for 2015... Let the Tour Begin! Featuring a strong mix of international and local hits, the French pop charts for summer 2015 display an astounding diversity of French pop music. Everything from Norwegian producer Kygos club banger Stole the Show, to Jamaican sensation OMIs catchy hit Cheerleader, … Read More