Millington Crafts & Hobbies Lessons
Looking for private in-home or in-studio lessons? Our Millington teachers are ready to get you started. Find your teacher today!
Search for a teacher
Compare hundreds of teachers based on the criteria that matter to you, including background checks, age and experience.
Schedule your lessons
When you've found the perfect match, schedule your lessons online using the teacher's real-time availability.
Connect with your teacher
Your teacher will welcome you with a personalized curriculum to meet your specific goals and you'll be able to manage your entire schedule through our free online account.
Zero travel time is great for a busy schedule.
Typically priced lower than local lessons.
Online students stick with lessons as long as local students.
I learned a lot (already made 2 beautiful necklaces) and I know I will learn a lot more.
Great class!! Highly recommended :)"
The 2nd class was Patty's Gauge class. I finally understand the mathematics's need for me to make adjustments in my sweater knitting especially when using a different weight yarn then the pattern calls for. I can't wait to make the perfect sweater for me."
And they're not alone!
Our teachers have taught
lessons and counting!
• 10+ years of teaching, training, & tutoring experience.
• Tutoring for many undergraduate courses in math/statistics & economics/econometrics, as well as select courses in biology, physics, social sciences, computer science, systems engineering, and other subjects / areas. Select graduate course assistance offered as well.
• Tutoring for GRE/GMAT and SAT/ACT tests offered with individualized gameplan/schedule. Tutoring for SAT II, GRE II, MCAT / DAT / OAT / PCAT / NCLEX tests also offered.
• Help with high school and middle school curriculum in math, quantitative sciences, social sciences, writing. Help with IB & AP classes and corresponding exams.
• National Merit Scholar & several (10+) AP Tests in High School.
• Will give personal scores upon request.
· Bridge · Online
· Statistics · Online
I have been teaching chess in New York City schools and individually for past 20 years .
Chess game should be fun for kids if is presented the right way.
I will bring to students my expertise and understanding for the game;
Many of my students continued to play chess trough their college years.
Learning chess is long process of playing practicing and correcting own mistakes.
Chess will help to improve concentration, learn sportsmanship, competition and improve memory.
View Full Profile
I have been playing video games since I was a child and online I have had many young gamers reach out to me for help since in the gaming world people look down on children. I try to teach them teamwork as well as to see the art in the games. Its all about having fun and trying to see
View Full Profile
Also, I am one of the few teachers in the country who teaches the exclusive "Freehand" sewing, which is sewing without ready-made (commercial) pattern, like our grandparents did.
As a social worker, I taught participants in a homeless shelter, how to make various items geared towards independent living. For six years now, I've been teaching at a fabric store in East Harlem where patrons sign up for group sewing lessons as well as private lessons. I teach garment construction, alterations, home decor, and various sewing projects.
· Embroidery · In home
· Sewing · In home
· Sewing · In studio
Would you like to learn basic skills, hone current ones , or enhance your experience with new techniques? If you're in the middle of a project and need help, or have specifice technique(s) you'd like to work on, consider booking a 15 minute class, or a series of them.
Choose from these subjects, or tell me what you’d like to work on:
• Reading the Yarn Ball Band - Why the information on it is helpful and important
• How to use Ravelry - A knitting community full of useful information
• Fiber Math…Yes you can
• How to Read and Translate Charts
• Help with a Current Project – Understanding a pattern, technique, or correcting a mistake
• Knitting Lace and Openwork Basics – How to do increases and decreases
• Bead Crochet – Crochet necklaces and bracelets, or embellish knitting or crochet projects with beads.
• Hyperbolic Crochet – For those that love math or want to learn how to crochet curves from a flat surface (think of coral, or the edge of a curly lettuce leaf like kale)
• Your wish list of knitting or crochet skills…
I have been teaching since 2012 and am available to teach lessons online and in NYC. I learned teaching skills from some of the most loved and respected teachers in well-known stores, teaching venues, and events. I look forward to working with you to achieve your goals, and have fun while we work together. As an added bonus, I teach both right and left handed as needed. Do you need a time, place, or topic not listed here? Just ask. We can probably work something out.
Enrich your fiber crafting experience. What would you like to learn? Contact me and let’s get started.
· Knitting · In studio
View Full Profile
NOTE: Students are responsible for billiards table rental time when lessons are at billiards hall/cafe.
· Sewing · Online
· Sewing · In home
I have an engaging style with a good sense of humor so kids and adults find the time spent with me entertaining and productive.
For new players and beginners, my curriculum focuses on building a strong foundation of the rules, chess tactics, chess theory as well as a brief history of some of the best chess players of all time.
For the more advanced players, we focus more on the most recent chess theory and opening theory. If you have interest in competing in chess tournaments, I will analyze your games and prepare strategies.
I have been a magic Teacher/Tutor for 3 years and a professional magician for 4. I specialize in
Whether you want to learn a card trick to impress your coworkers, your 7 year old got there first magic kit and cant stop preforming or this is your hobby and want to improve your slights/performance/patter I am absolutely the magic tutor for you.
I look forward to exploring the world of chess and magic with all my students.
Want to improve your sewing skills? In this guest post, Yesterday's Thimble blogger Lisha Vidler shares 10 sewing tips to help you take your seamstress skills to the next level... Whether you're new to sewing or just looking to improve, there are things you can do to take your skills up a notch. Don't let your garments look "Becky Home-Ecky," as Michael Kors would say! Even if you aren't a professional dressmaker or crafter, you can aim for a more professional look. Here are 10 tips to he … Read More