Students are raving about their Music instructors on TakeLessons.
Check out some of these recent reviews.
Review by Skyler
Mike is engaging and wonderful to work with. He is task oriented. After just a month I have learned chords to three different songs and
can perform two of them. He does not shy away from different music. He allows you to take your time and always has various techniques of showing you how to learn the instrument. His time is flexible and works with your schedule as well."
New York, NY teacher:
Review by Hayley
"no time wasted!
eric is an awesome teacher! i've only just begun lessons with him, but he wastes no time, is on time and accommodating. i hadn't sung in
quite some time, and he really focused on learning my voice in order to tailor the lesson appropriately. will be coming back on the reg ~"
New York, NY teacher:
Review by Frank
"This product is very handy to use.
Mark is very professional and sings well himself. In just a few lessons he's had a powerful impact on my singing becau
se of the techniques he's demonstrated."
Los Angeles, CA teacher:
Review by Wenxian
"The violin teacher is great.
We satisfy with the violin teacher. First of all, she is very professional. She masters music theory and she has a lot of pe
rformance experience. Then, she teaches in proper way and she is patient with students. She focuses on not only practicing but also listening. She corrects studentsâ wrong playing actions patiently. Finally, she can teach my daughter in both English and Chinese (Mandarin). Therefore, my daughter has a rapid progress in playing violin."
San Bernardino, CA teacher:
Review by Julian
"Jim is a top-notch professional
I contacted Jim through TakeLessons because I saw that he had the best reviews on the site and he is not far from where I
live. I came to him as a beginner guitarist, with my only experience being teaching myself some basic stuff with the aid of YouTube.
Jim started out by first figuring out what my goals were in playing guitar so that he could take the most suitable approach in teaching me. At our first lesson, he had me play what I could and he gave me advice on all the fundamentals that are really important. He even noticed that I had an unorthodox way of making a G chord and gave me tips on the proper way to position my fretting hand so that, decades down the road, I do not run into trouble with pain and that sort of thing. Whheeeeeewwwww. Good save there.
Jim is very good at seeing the big picture in context with your goals as a student and delivering the lesson accordingly. He takes notes and emails them to you after the lesson, which is very nice to have. He makes videos during the lesson and then sends you a link to the video so that you can watch it a million times if you need. He does his best to accommodate your schedule if anything comes up and you have to reschedule, which I have done several times.
Jim is easy-going and has a good sense of humor, which makes the lesson more enjoyable.
In addition, Jim also performs very often in the local area and one time I was fortunate enough to see him perform in his band. His guitar solo gave me chills in my spine. This might seem off-topic, but it's not, because the reason I bring it up is because I was inspired to want to play more often and learn more because I see my guitar teacher rocking the stage and who doesn't want to do that, and also if you're going to pay for something, don't you want to make sure you're getting the best product out there? Jim is a true professional and boy can he play. Please excuse the run-on sentence.
I'm leaving this review because I'm moving and I just had my last lesson with Jim and the money I invested was money well spent."
Chicago, IL teacher:
Review by Crystal
Last October my daugther received piano lessons as a gift for her birthday. We started taking lessons with Maureen in November, my daugther,
who had just turned 6 was very excited to start classes. Maureen had been very patient with her and caters to her ability and age. Sometimes my daugther gets discouraged, because she feels like she isn't progresing as fast as she would like, but after class she is always excited and ready to come home and continue practicing. Overall, I am pleased with our experience thus far. Maureen is very accommodating and is equipping my daugther with the skills she needs to be a successful piano player."
San Francisco, CA teacher:
Review by Marco
"Easy to learn drums with him
Casey is an awesome drums instructor. Very easy going and professional. If you are looking into learning to play the drums i
n a fun way Casey is your guy. Great drummer!"
Atlanta, GA teacher:
Review by Erinn
Keith is a wonderful teacher. His so patient and dedicated. He has been teaching our 9 year old daughter guitar over the past year and
she has learned so much. He makes an effort to personalize his teaching to her musical interests and aptitude. I highly recommend him. He is always on time and always so pleasant and trust worthy."
New York, NY teacher:
Review by Martha
(Age and gender refer to my sons at the time of the lessons.) Laima taught piano to both of my sons from 2007 to 2012. She was an excel
lent teacher, helping them to discover a love of playing. From her, they also gained a solid base in music theory. Under her tutelage, both advanced easily (or so it seemed to me the parent) in the annual merit certificate exams. With seven years difference in age, each son had very different needs. Laima had the 'just right' approach for both of them. Gentle, supportive, but also clear with her expectations, she worked with them through ups and downs in their own commitment and effort. She also created wonderful opportunities for them to perform. Both continue to play to this day, with my youngest considering music as a possible career. We were sorry that she moved out of our area in 2012. I recommend her highly!"
Do you wish you or your child could just sit down and play ? Are you an adult who always wished you could play or sing? Have you written some great song lyrics and just need help with the music?
SONGLab is a professional studio and a teacher/producer passionate about helping singers, keyboardists, songwriters, kids & adults who just always wanted to play...
Children don't learn to read before they can talk. So why should anyone have to try to read before they can play?
That is how music has been taught for many years, and why a huge perc
entage of students just quit or have a miserable time with piano lessons. Music should be fun. Period.
It has been said that playing only from sheet music is like only being able to talk when you are reading it from a book.
We play by ear & use recording to help you find your own voice. When you find your voice, the rest of you is not far behind. Study here in town or anywhere in the world with lessons online.
First, we find out how you learn and what you are interested in. Life is different when you get in touch with the music inside you. Sure, it is some work, but it is very satisfying! I love to help people do this!
Everybody loves music. How will you find yours? It’s different for everyone. Maybe you want to sing like that great pop singer you love, or play keyboard. Some people write songs. In all cases, the keyboard helps you to understand all about music.
SONGWRITERS: If you write songs, just bring in an idea and we will record it. We set a tempo and a key, and get your basic groove looped, all in about two minutes. Then we lay down the chords and a bass part and you sing a reference vocal. You can easily lay out a song in a one-hour session. Then it is easy to see how to produce it. It is amazing to go home with a recording of your song that did not exist in the world until you gave it a voice!
Along the way, you become a better writer, singer and/or keyboard player. You will learn to play by ear. And have a LOT of fun. You can do this online too.
ONLINE SESSIONS You create a rough sketch and we track it, with your input. We can help you to set up your own songwriter studio as well. If you get Logic software at your end, you can put on phones and cut a vocal with me producing you.
Did you ever have musical ideas, write them down, figure you had songs inside you? Well let’s go find them!
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING: “...an amazing instructor...inspiring mentor...compassionate.” “...a lot of patience.” “My son's love for music has come from Randy.” “...positive attitude and friendly personality.” “...wildly entertaining.” “ ...will teach you in a way that will make you want to learn.” “We look forward to our lesson every week!”
"Randy, I like your "Semper Method of Music” teaching method. It's applying knowledge with fun, and common sense... the best combination. Good luck. You’re a great musician." Joe Messina, Motown recording guitarist & Funk Brother
SONGLab Your music. Instantly. We use recording as a powerful tool to help you listen and improve. Tired of crappy tabs? Struggling to capture your song? No worries. Learn a process, instead of a lesson. Apply it anywhere.
Go from musical idea to music, fast. Get to the groove in 2 minutes or less. In any software.
SONGLab Studio. The antidote to rote.
SCHEDULING: Please note: If the particular time you had in mind is listed as unavailable, don’t worry. Between my two locations, I am very flexible and will work hard to make our schedules click.
SPECIAL NEEDS? Everyone's needs are special. If your child has been diagnosed ADHD or as a "Sensory kid", music can be a joyful and rewarding way to see real growth and make a wonderful experience for parent and child. We help with the Proprioceptive and Vestibular senses in a fun and therapeutic way.
Just Google "BrainVolts" for a tremendous study from Northwestern University on the amazing effects of music study!
Playing by Ear Pretty much everyone can play by ear. So we help you to find your own voice, reach your musical goals and to create and perform music as a real and beautiful part of your life.
Making music should not be a boring job. Rather, it should be something you can't wait to do. A way to get in touch with the rest of the universe. You will also learn to read and write, but it won't get in the way of your music.
Since a very young age I have loved to improvise and to create music. It is very satisfying to pass this on to others who are full of music inside but may not know how to get it out. If you wish that you or your child could get some help creating your own music as well as playing the great music already written, perhaps we should be talking.
I am from Canada, and I have been a professional musician since 1970. I studied music performance in school, piano with the Royal Conservatory of Toronto and Music Education at Queens University. I have toured with national acts, produced dozens of recordings of all kinds and played, arranged and conducted music on cruise ships all over the world.
Music is my life. Bringing other people's skills to a higher level is what I do best.
Tell me what you want to accomplish, either for yourself or your child. I look forward to speaking with you. Warm regards, Randy
PS: A note about allergens: I teach at my home and at my studio. At home we have a very friendly dog and a cat (Julian) who sleeps all day. If you have allergies, we will study at my Troy studio which is allergen-free. Unless you love animals. In that case, you will get to meet Vinnie, the most kid-friendly, loves-everybody, most gentle little guy you will ever meet. I put his picture up so you can see him.
Teaching teachers Several excellent teachers I know who have been teaching music for many years were frustrated by not being able to play without a sheet of music. They have found satisfying and positive results from this approach.
Wouldn't it be great to be gifted? In fact... It turns out that choices lead to habits. Habits become talents. Talents are labeled gifts. You're not born this way, you get this way. ~ Seth Godin
*** Lesson Details *** Children don't learn to read before they can talk. So why should anyone have to try to read before they can play?
That is how music has been taught for many years, and why a huge percentage of students just quit or have a miserable time with piano lessons. Music should be fun. Period.
My only real job is to make sure you have fun and want to learn more. Then you will do the rest. you will astonish yourself and everyone around you!
In a traditional music education, reading the works of others is the focus, with no encouragement to improvise or to play by ear.
Bach used to improvise all the time. Why shouldn't you?
In our community, there is a prestigious, private college prep school that charges just under $80 per hour for traditional private music lessons. If you take away the music, most cannot play a note.
My method is every bit the equal of that school for those who are drawn to express themselves playing by ear. You will still learn all the core skills needed to be a well-rounded musician.
Music study helps people young and old to overcome shyness and build confidence. It empowers them as they refine their special talents.
We will always have a lot of fun, but there is a lot to do, so we need to be efficient. My teaching method is a combination of the best methods I have found. It is backed up with the same solid principles that I received when I was a student myself. If you choose to continue and pursue a classical education at a high level, you will be well-prepared.
Please note: You are most welcome to start with 30 minute sessions to see if we are a good fit. 30 min lessons are offered for this purpose and also for very young children with short attention spans. For any student, wishing to make progress, lessons will eventually need to be 45 minutes at minimum in order to reach your goals.
Though you'll receive serious critiques from me, I always uplift and encourage. Positive energy is the ticket.
My Method: Listen, Sing, Clap, Play, Read and Write. With these tools you can look deeper into the elements that make up music. Folk, jazz, pop, rock or classical; all Western music is derived from the same principles. We will study ear training from a wonderful ear training book by a famous guitarist. It'Âs simple: you learn all the theory so you will be at the top of your game, but always have fun doing it. For notation, we will use The Semper Note Speller. For scales, we have the famous Brown Scale Book.
Technology We use recording as a tool to help you hear how you sound and we always encourage you to express yourself with improvisation. In many cases, you will have tracks to practice with. We also use apps for your phone that really help. A guitar tuner to nail down vocal pitch, as well as a metronome app that is with you wherever you go. If you have a minute anywhere you can get in some good practice time. So we truly have the best of all worlds: playing from music and learning to play by ear! If you stick with it and do the work, the end result will be that you can always just sit down and play, whether or not you have any music in front of you!
On our first lesson we will do a duet jam session together and you will not believe how great you sound!
The Big Picture Although a percentage of students may become a concert pianist, there are a multitude of other ways to become involved with music. Whether you are looking at music as a profession or as a hobby, we let parents know of the many choices available so that they can make good decisions, for themselves and for their children.
Having fun as you improve is a big priority. I also teach songwriting, singing, music recording and performance, as well as piano.
Remember: A piano should be an irresistible invitation, not an obstacle.
*** Studio Equipment *** Troy studio: A digital keyboard in a professional recording control-room environment at our media production studio. The studio is near Big Beaver and Stephenson Hwy.
Home studio: An acoustic piano and recording studio environment at my home in Franklin/Beverly Hills.
Your Instrument If you are taking any kind of music lesson, we recommend a tuned piano or digital keyboard, preferably with at least 76 full-sized keys.
We have helped many people to find the right piano. If you like, I can suggest several different models of keyboard that I have researched and of which I approve. They range from an inexpensive but effective starter keyboard for ear training and just plain fun to an 88 note weighted keyboard for more expressive practice.
*** Specialties *** I teach people of all ages first to play by ear and to have fun while they study. Then I back up ear training with solid theory so they can read and write music. In school I studied many traditional methods and I have distilled my own distinct method from them. Though I am classically trained, I specialize in improvisation.
Stacie September 26, 2016
Speaking Voice ·
I am very please with the results. As I read and we spoke Randy detected habits or
mispronunciations in my speech. Just having him draw my attention to them I began hearing them in everyday conversation. He is an excellent and fun coach and I highly recommend him for anyone wanting to improve and polish their speaking whether business or giving presentations. I plan to use him for some on camera and public speaking pointers. Thanks Randy!
Sabrina M. August 4, 2016
Online Verified Student
My teacher is the best - simply put.
Rick N. July 22, 2016
In studio Verified Student
Randy is an excellent teacher of both piano and voice. I really enjoyed each lesson and learned a lot from him. I would highly recommend Randy to those wanting to learn, really learn, to play.
Guitarist/Songwriter Bill G. is a versatile and experienced instructor, who's been playing and teaching guitar for over 20 years, and is fluent in everything from finger style Classical/Flamenco and Folk guitar, to Jazz, all Rock(from classic to modern Alternative/Indie), and various World music styles. From first lesson beginners to highly advanced students; and from simple songs to elaborate music theory, improvisation, and songwriting development; all are welcome to sign up with this patient, and highly recommended teacher. Starting guitar lessons at a very young age; Bill went on to w
in many regional, national, and international awards through out his formative years as a student. Writing and recording in several different styles over the years; and also being a vocalist and songwriter; he founded Indie Fusion trio The Static Dial in 2010 as it's leader. The band has worked with several national and international touring bands, has been featured on indie and major radio from their hometown in Detroit to the UK, and has released an EP, two singled, and a full length album. Feel free to message with any questions about potential lessons; we'd love to hear from you!.
*** Lesson Details *** As an instructor, I start students with the basics (open chords, major/minor, and blues scales, rhythm/timing, and beginner technique), and like to get at least a basic ability to sight read (music notation).
For younger students, I get them started on a beginner book for sight reading music and simple/basic songs to start with and build up their ability.
If a student is a little more capable, we start on a more modern/popular song they like. For my more advanced students, we get into music theory (cycle of fifths, harmony, chord language, etc.) and with some students we study specific genres.
My approach is one of building up a student's self confidence, and ultimately making learning fun. I take teaching seriously and value my student's time; so I work to get the most out of them, and to make their lessons worth while. All ages and levels are welcome!
*** Studio Equipment *** Studio space in Helen's of Troy. Office is furnished with seating, music stand, and amplifier. Student must have their own instrument and pick.
*** Specialties *** I'm a singer/songwriter as well as a guitar player/instructor, so the construction and arranging of a song; from the music to the lyrics; are very much within my experience and teaching.
Carissa June 10, 2016
In studio Verified Student
He is pretty good at teaching and has great ideas to help me improve my skills quickly.
He also worked with me and was able to teach me a song he never heard before after just listening to it once
Phil A. May 13, 2016
In studio Verified Student
Bill is a great teacher, and willing to adjust the lessons to match my skill level and learning style.
Jeff April 16, 2016
In studio Verified Student
Bill is always great as a teacher! My son started taking lessons a few months ago and plays great, learning very quickly! Then my husband started after hanging out at his lessons. They always look forward to their lessons together, and speak highly of Bill. Definitely would recommend!
I have been teaching guitar and piano for many years in the Metro Detroit area. I have played professionally in many local nightclub and wedding bands as well as having toured with Bob Seger as his lead guitarist/writer/vocalist. I also have done some recording sessions with Motown. I take great pleasure in mentoring, training and equipping students with the necessary skills to achieve at the personal and/or professional level according to the students interest and desire. I tailor my teaching methods according to the students ability and musical preference and can teach anything from class
ic rock to pop, classical, oldies, jazz, etc. Many of my students have gone on to play at the professional level and one, in particular, has become a music professor at Berklee School of Music. In addition, I have aided students who have a desire to incorporate vocals while playing their instruments as well as giving personal assistance in songwriting.
*** Lesson Details *** I am very easy to get along with during lessons, however I can provide extra encouragement and motivation the student needs based on their individual goal for taking lessons whether it be for personal enjoyment or for the purpose of making music their career. I believe that learning music can be fun even as a serious venture, therefore I incorporate humor when appropriate. The curriculum I use includes Berklee, Mel Bay, and Alfred's Methods for guitar and Schaum and Thompson Methods for piano. Additionally, I invite students to bring in their favorite CD's whereas they can also learn from the music that interests them. This is helpful to develop a good ear as well as sparking motivation to practice as they learn from their favorite musical artist in addition to learning the fundamentals of the instrument.
*** Travel Equipment *** I would provide music method books/sheet music. Students would need to own their own instrument. I provide Guitar amplification.
*** Specialties *** Berklee, Mel Bay, Alfred's guitar method's. Schaum piano methods. Pop, rock and jazz styles.
Christine B. September 17, 2016
In studio Verified Student
Had my first lesson today and loved it. Tom instantly knew what I need to learn. Looking forward to many more lessons with Tom.
Anthony Licari January 27, 2016
In studio Verified Student
It was a great experience.
Darryl L. August 4, 2015
In studio Verified Student
I have 17+ years of experience teaching guitar in both private and ensemble settings and 20+ years of professional performance experience.I have a degree in Music Performance. My average student has taken 91 lessons. I encourage students to inquire about their potential teachers professional training, performance experience and the teachers student retention rate as these are the criteria by which teachers should be evaluated. My motto is the success of the teacher is determined by the success of the student. I also specialize in Bollywood Music. Below is a list of transcriptions that I
have done for my students.
Hindi And Tamil Cinema And Pop Music Transcriptions (with a few other genres thrown in)
1. Aaj Saanu O Mileya (Punjab)................................from the film “Zubaan” composer- Ashu Phatak lyrics- Surjit Patar and Varun Grover published by T-Series
2. Aaj Unse Milna Hai...............................................from the film “Prem Ratan” composer- Himesh Reshammiya lyrics- Irshad Kamit published by T-Series
3. Bekhudi..................................................................from the film “Tera Surroor” composer- Himesh Reshammiya lyrics- Sameer Anjaan published by T-Series
4. Bhaador Aashin Maashey (Bengali) composer- Ansuman Roy lyrics- Gouri Prasanna Majumder published by Hindusthan Musical Products
5. Bhador Ashwin Mase (Bengali) Bhoomi composer- Ansuman Roy lyrics- Gouri Prasanna Majumder published by Saregama
6. Blue Eyes composer- Yo Yo Honey Singh lyrics- Yo Yo Honey Singh published by T-Series
7. Bolna......................................................................from the film “Kapoor and Sons” composer- Tanishk Bagchi lyrics- Dr. Devender Kafir published by Sony Music India Pvt. Ltd.
8. Chaiyya Chaiyya....................................................from the film “Dil Se” composer- A.R. Rahman lyrics- Gulzar published by Venus Worldwide Entertainment Pvt. Ltd.
9. Chal Pyar Karegi....................................................from the film “Jab Pyaar Kisise Hota Hai” composer- Jatin and Lalit lyrics- Anand Bakshi published by Tips Music
10. Chammak Challo....................................................from the film “Ra. One” composer- Vishal and Shekhar lyrics- published by T-Series (c) 2011 Super Cassettes Industries Limited
11. Chehra Hai Ya Chaand Khila Hai...........................from the film “Saagar” composer- R.D. Burman lyrics- published by Sippy Films
12. Chura Liya Hai........................................................from the film “Yaadon Ki Baaraat” composer- R.D. Burman lyrics- Majrooh Sultanpuri published by Saregama
13. Cinema Choopistha Mama Song (Telugu)...............from the film “Race Gurram” composer- S Thaman published by- Lakshmi Narasimha Productions
14.Crazy Feeling (Telugu)...............................................from the film “Nenu Sailaja” composer- Devi Sri Prasad lyrics- Ramajogayya Sastry published by Sri Sravanthi Movies
15. Dheere Dheere Se Meri Zindagi (older version).......from the film “Aashiqui” composer- Nadeem and Shravan lyrics- Rani Malik published by T-Series
16. Dheere Se Meri Zindagi (new version) composer- Honey-Singh lyrics- Yo Yo Honey Singh and Bhupinder Kaur published by T-Series
17. Dilli Wali Girlfriend...........................................from the film “Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewaani” composer- Pritam Chakraborty lyrics- Kumaar published by T-Series
18. D.J. Waley Babu composer- Badshah lyrics- Badshah published by Sony Music India
19. Eena Meena Teeka (Tamil)......................................from the film “Theri” composer- G.V. Prakash Kumar lyrics- Pa Vijay and Arunraja Kamaraj published by- Think Music India
20. Fevicol Se............................................................... from the film “Dabanng” composer- Sajid Wajid lyrics- Sajid ajid and Ashraf Ali published by T-Series
21. Gerua.......................................................................from the film “Diwale” composer- Pritam lyrics- Amitabh Bhattacharya published by Sony Music India
22. Ilaya Nila Pozhigirathe (Tamil)...............................from the film “Payanangal Mudivathillai” composer- Ilaiyaraja lyrics- Vairamuthu published by Motherland Pictures
23. Jai Ganesh Jai Ganesh Deva Hari Om Sharan published by- Wings Music copyright- Wings Entertainment Ltd
24. Jag Ghoomeya Song -female version......................from the film “Sultan” composer- Vishal & Shekhar published by- YRF
25. Jhalli Patakha...........................................................from the film “Saala Khadoos” composer- Santosh Narayanan lyrics- Swandand Kirkire published by T-Series
26. Main Hoon Hero Tera..............................................from the film “Hero” composer- Amaal Mallik lyrics- Kumaar published by T-Series
27. Main Rahoon Ya Na Rahoon composer- Amaal Mallik lyrics- Rashmi Virag published by T-Series
28. Main Shayar To Nahin.............................................from the film “Bobby” 1973 composer- Laxmikant and Pyarelal lyrics- Distributed by R.K. Films Ltd. Production Company- R.K. Studios a “version” has been published by Vale Entertainment Ltd
29. Maya Nadhi Song (Tamil)........................................from the film “Kabali” composer- Santhosh Narayanan published by Think Music
30. Mehndi Mehndi.......................................................from the film “Chori Chori Chupke Chupke” composer- Anu Malik lyrics- published by Universal Music India
31. Nazar Ke Saamne Jiigar Ke Paas............................from the film “Aashiqui” composer- Nadeem and Shravan lyrics- Sameer published by T-Series
32. Om Jai Jagadish Hare...............................................sung by Anuradha Paudwal composer- Shardha Ram Phillauri published by the Label Musica with copyright by The New Digital Media
33. Papa Kehte............................................................from the film “Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak” composer- Anand Milind lyrics- Majrooh Sultanpuri published by T-Series Super Cassettes Industries Ltd.
34. Patola composer- Preet Hundal lyrics- Guru Randhawa published by T-Series
35. Peene Ki Tamanna...................................................from the film “Loveshuda” composer- Parichay lyrics- Kumaar published by Tips Industries
36. Punnagai Mannan Theme Music (Tamil)................from the film Punnagai Mannan composer- Illaiyaraaja Published by Kavithalayaa Productions
37. Raghaputi Raghav Raja Ram...................................sung by Hari Om Sharan composer- lyrics- published by Saregama
38. Sanam Re.................................................................from the film “Sanam Re” composer- Mithoon lyrics- Mithoon published by T-Series
39. Saree Ke Fall Sa......................................................from the film “R...Rajkumar” composer- Pritam lyrics- Kumaar published by Eros International (copyright: Shotformats Digital Works Pvt. Ltd.)
40. Soch Na Sake..........................................................from the film “Airlift” composer- Amaal Mallik lyrics- Kumaar published by T-Series
41. Subha Hone Na Da..................................................from the film “Desi Boyz” composer- Pritam lyrics- Kumaar published by T-Series
42. Tera Chehra..............................................................from the film “Sanam Teri Kasam” composer- Himesh Reshammiya lyrics- Shabbir Ahmed published by Eros Now
43. Thalli Pogathey (Tamil).........................................from the film “Achcham Yenbathu Madamaiyada” composer- A R Rahman lyrics- Thamarai published by Eros Now
44. Tum Hi Ho...............................................................from the film “Aashiqui” composer- Mithoon lyrics- Mithoon published by T Series
45. Vineem Vithayil (Tamil).........................................from the film “Thegidi” composer- Nivas K. Prasanna lyrics- Kabilan published by Think Music India
46. Why This Kolaveri Di? (Tamil/English).................from the film “3” composer- Anirudh Ravichandran lyrics- Dhanush published by Sony Music India
During May 2016, nine of the children I teach performed in a recital at Evola Music Center. Parents and families really enjoyed this event so I will host another recital this winter. (If adults are also interested in performing, I will get together a group of musicians to play together.)
I have a Master's degree in Social Work and love building relationships with clients and empowering people. I am currently still taking piano & violin lessons from accomplished music teachers to continue learning techniques to pass on to my students...I believ
e a great teacher never stops being a student.
**I no longer travel to students' homes for lessons, so please choose the option to take lessons at my apartment/studio. Thanks!**
I look forward to hearing from you, Chenyu
Mo September 19, 2016
In studio Verified Student
She is great!
Caleb C. September 17, 2016
In home Verified Student
Great start. Very patient
Ryan L. September 5, 2016
In studio Verified Student
Hawaiian for "jumping flea", the ukulele is an enchanting instrument, as versatile and melodious as a guitar. The small bodied, four stringed uke has gained in popularity in recent years, perhaps owing to gorgeous covers like "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" by Israel Kamakawiwoole, and "Im Yours" by Jason Mraz. Trendy or not, the ukulele has a timeless sound. It's enjoyable to play, portable, and relatively easy to learn. Ukuleles are also less expensive than many other instruments, making the pr …
Take Lessons or DIY? How to Learn to Play Ukulele
Hawaiian for "jumping flea", the ukulele is an enchanting instrument, as versatile and melodious as a guitar. The small bodied, four stringed uke has gained in popularity in recent years, perhaps owing to gorgeous covers like "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" by Israel Kamakawiwoole, and "Im Yours" by Jason Mraz. Trendy or not, the ukulele has a timeless sound. It's enjoyable to play, portable, and relatively easy to learn. Ukuleles are also less expensive than many other instruments, making the pr
3 Things Nobody Told Me About Beginning Guitar
What are the secrets guitarists might not tell you about beginning guitar? Guitar teacher Matthew K. shares his discoveries about the guitar from early in his musical journey...
I remember the day I went to the store with my father and picked up my first guitar. It was an Ibenez Stagestar with a tiny 10 watt Crate amp, and I couldnt have been more excited to get home and try it out. Dreams of being on stage in front of thousands filled my mind, but I knew it would be hard work just to get co
How to Transition from Classical Pianist to Jazz Pianist
Piano music doesn't have to be all classical, all the time! Here's what you need to know about getting started with jazz piano chord progressions, courtesy of St. Augustine, FL teacher Heather L...
Thelonius Monk, Herbie Hancock, and Duke Ellington are just a few of the great jazz piano players. What beautiful and fascinating sounds fill our ears when their names come to mind! The seemingly illusive progressions and spontaneous elements, like syncopation and improvisation, sound
Top Five Violin Brands for Beginner and Intermediate Students
Is your child just starting to take violin lessons? Below, violin teacher Delilah B. shares her top five violin brands for beginner and intermediate students
Are you thinking about purchasing a violin for your child? Choosing the right violin brand for your child can be difficult, as there are many options available.
While you want to stay within a certain budget, you also dont want to compromise on quality. Whats more, you want a violin thats going to last and retain its value.
How to Read Sheet Music for Piano | The Mental Flip Strategy
As a beginner, learning how to read sheet music for piano is one of the first things you'll work on with your teacher. Read on as Tucson, AZ tutor Blake C. shares his strategy for understanding the relationships between the notes on the page:
One of the most difficult things about learning how to read sheet music for the piano, as opposed to most other instruments, is that there is not just a single melody to be played. Piano music requires you to play more the one part at a time. Usually the