Some of the best piano bar songs are requested at dueling piano bars. Haven’t heard of dueling piano songs yet? Keep reading!
The “dueling pianos” style of entertainment (which traces back as far as the 1890s) has experienced a recent resurgence in popularity in many big cities.
Dueling piano bars are typically characterized by having two grand (or baby grand) pianos placed opposite each other, and two talented musicians performing and accepting audience requests for songs.
Most dueling piano songs are in the rock and country music genres. Generally, the performers are operating with the goal of encouraging audience participation, rather than directly battling one another.
Whether you’d rather go to a dueling piano bar to play or party, it’s a good idea to get familiar with some of the best piano bar songs before you go. Here are 36 ideas to get you started!
All-Time Best Piano Bar Songs
Fan-Favorites at the Piano Bar
These are some of the best dueling piano songs to request at a piano bar. Any of these crowd pleasers is sure to be a good time!
- “Joy to the World” – Three Dog Night
- “Rocket Man” – Elton John
- “Barracuda” – Heart
- “Carry On, Wayward Son” – Kansas
- “Rock and Roll All Nite” – KISS
- “Piano Man” – Billy Joel
Piano Bar Songs that Push the Envelope
These are well-loved, complex tunes to challenge your favorite performers.
- “The Devil Went Down to Georgia” – Charlie Daniels Band
- “Bohemian Rhapsody” – Queen
- “Layla” – Eric Clapton
- “Sultans of Swing” – Dire Straits
- “For Those About to Rock (We Salute You)” – AC/DC
- “One Bourbon, One Scotch, One Beer” – George Thorogood
Modern Dueling Piano Songs
Pick any of these contemporary pop tunes – the whole bar secretly wants to hear them one more time!
- “Someone Like You” – Adele
- “Firework” – Katy Perry
- “That’s What You Get” – Paramore
- “Crazy in Love” – Beyonce feat. Jay-Z
- “Every Morning” – Sugar Ray
- “The Way” – Fastball
SEE ALSO: Best Piano Apps to Download
Best Piano Bar Songs from Musicals
Everyone loves these hits from your favorite movies and musicals.
- “Footloose” – Kenny Loggins (Footloose)
- “Singin’ in the Rain” – Gene Kelly (Singin’ in the Rain)
- “Stayin’ Alive” – The Bee Gees (Saturday Night Fever)
- “Hakuna Matata” – Nathan Lane and Co. (The Lion King)
- “Summer Nights” – John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John (Grease)
- “All That Jazz” – Catherine Zeta-Jones, Renee Zellweger (Chicago)
Funky Dueling Piano Songs
Take it back with any of these jazz, funk, soul, and reggae hits.
- “Uptown Funk” – Mark Ronson
- “Play That Funky Music, White Boy” – Wild Cherry
- “Superfreak” – Rick James
- “Sophisticated Lady” – Duke Ellington
- “Stand by Me” – Ben E. King
- “No Woman, No Cry” – Bob Marley
Classic Piano Bar Songs
More rock and roll hits for the piano bar, to stay true to tradition.
- “Born to Be Wild” – Steppenwolf
- “Old Time Rock & Roll” – Bob Seger
- “Take it Easy” – The Eagles
- “Sharp Dressed Man” – ZZ Top
- “Eye of the Tiger” – Survivor
- “Great Balls of Fire” – Jerry Lee Lewis
RELATED: Best Piano Tutorials on YouTube
Spending an evening at a dueling piano bar is a great way to get some sing-along therapy, make new friends, and discover new music.
We hope you have a great time listening to the best piano bar songs next time you go out!
Photo by Jill Shih