There are so many cool Spanish words to choose from, that it’s hard to narrow it down to just 50! Spanish is a beautiful language, and as you listen to native speakers, you’ll notice how elegant it can sound.
Scientists have even deemed it the happiest language, too!
Not only is Spanish a cool language, but it also has a logical structure. Pair that with the many Spanish-English cognates, and you can see why it’s one of the most popular languages to learn.
As you learn Spanish, you’ll come across many words that stand out – whether for the melodic way they roll off your tongue, or their meaning. Check out the infographic below for some of our favorite, beautiful Spanish words!
50 Beautiful Spanish Words
1. bonita: pretty (adjective)
2. precioso: precious/beautiful (adjective)
3. señorita: young lady (noun)
4. guapo: handsome (adjective)
5. rosado: pink (adjective)
6. amor: love (noun)
7. encantar: to enchant (verb)
8. desear: to wish (verb)
9. sonreîr: to smile (verb)
10. bailar: to dance (verb)
11. cantar: to sing (verb)
12. beso: kiss (noun)
13. vivir: to live (verb)
14. abrazo: hug (noun)
15. novia/novia: boyfriend/girlfriend ( noun)
16. contigo: with you (pronoun)
17. palabra: word (noun)
18. chocolate: chocolate (noun)
19. café: brown (adjective)/ coffee (noun)
20. naranja: orange (noun)
21. dulce: sweet (adjective)
22. ángel: angel (noun)
23. fuego: fire (noun)
24. cielo: sky (noun)
25. zapatos: shoes (noun)
26. corazon: heart (noun)
27. estrella: star (noun)
28. noche: night (noun)
29. caliente: hot (adjective)
30. rica: rich/delicious (adjective)
31. dinero: money (noun)
32. serenidad: serenity (noun)
33. mariposa: butterfly (noun)
34. fuerte: strong (adjective)
35. siempre: always (adverb)
36. seda: silk (noun)
37. favorito: favorite (adjective)
38. mañana: tomorrow (adverb)
39. bienvenido: welcome (adjective)
40. sol: sun (noun)
41. montaña: mountain (noun)
42. azúcar: sugar (noun)
43. mirar: to look (verb)
44. fruta: fruit (noun)
45. medianoche: midnight (noun)
46. luz: light (noun)
47. diamante: diamond (noun)
48. flor: flower (noun)
49. mar: sea (noun)
50. helado: ice cream (noun)
SEE ALSO: An Introduction to Spanish Culture
How to Use These Cool Spanish Words
Want to start memorizing these cool Spanish words? Here are some additional tips to keep in mind as you study these fun vocabulary words.
- Categorize the words. Try grouping words together based on their similarities. For instance, each of these pretty Spanish words is related to showing affection – besos (kisses), abrazo (hug), and amor (love). Create multiple lists with different categories to study.
- Try forming sentences. When you create your own sentences, it’s easier to remember the definitions of the words because of the relevant context. Try writing a few sentences down with some of the words we listed above.
- Post them around your house. Labeling items around the house is a great way to learn new words. You can label the chairs, refrigerator, doors, etc. with their corresponding Spanish word.
- Play vocabulary games. There are plenty of Spanish websites with free games to check out. You can also purchase apps, or make DIY games such as Bingo and charades.
Good luck studying these beautiful Spanish words, and have fun along the way!
Readers, what other cool Spanish words would you add to this list? Leave a comment and let us know.