The web – accessed through a web browser and created to share information among people was originally made up of HTML (Hypertext Markup Language – used for structuring web pages) and CSS (Cascading Style Sheet – used to design and light up web pages). This approach and components (HTML and CSS) made web pages static, leaving them with no way of performing any further activities when retrieved by the web browser.
But as time went by, something strange and mysterious came along and played a vital role in today’s web. This strange-looking thing became a major breakthrough of the web and pioneered dynamic behaviors on web pages that we so much love to see. This thing made Web pages come alive and changed how the web will be perceived for decades to come.
How this came to existence and revolutionized the web will all be explained to you shortly but first, are you ready to unveil the mystery? Are you ready to know what it is?
How it all Started
It is an object-oriented, high-level programming language used to make web pages interactive e.g having complex animations on web pages and the displaying of three dots whenever someone is typing a message on Twitter.
- It is used to add programming logic to web pages and make them interactive.
- It is used to make games
Why Use This Programming Language?
- It is simple to learn and implement
- It does not require a compiler.
- It is a weak type language which unlike the strong type programming languages like Java and c, has no strict style of coding
- It is platform-independent.
- It has several great frameworks like React Js and Angular Js which are used to build awesome web applications.
Now that the mystery has been solved, and the truth revealed, do not hesitate to schedule a lesson with a tutor on this platform and start learning this awesome technology.