Our online tools make booking, managing your schedule and paying for lessons easy and hassle-free.
Access and compare detailed information about teaching style, experience, education, and more.
If for any reason you're not satisfied after your first lesson, we'll help you find another teacher or refund your entire purchase.
No matter where you live, chances are we can introduce you to an
amazing teacher in your neighborhood. You can take lessons in the
privacy of your own home or at your teacher's location. Start by
searching in your ZIP code to find teachers near you.
What if the teacher who best fits your needs is on the other side
of the country? No problem. Our online lesson platform connects
you with any teacher, anywhere. All you need is a reliable Internet
connection, a webcam, and a microphone.
Your search for the perfect teacher starts with the subject you'd like to learn and your ZIP code. From the list of recommended teachers, compare detailed information about each option before you make your teacher selection.
Take some time to review the teachers in our network. All of our teachers provide detailed profiles, including information about their background, specialties, and teaching style. You can also read reviews from past and current students.
Select your teacher and book online. After you book, your teacher will contact you directly to talk about your first lesson and you'll be able to manage your entire schedule through our free online account.
Alternative Medicine, Anatomy, Arabic, Baking, Bible Studies, Biology, Cooking, English, Flexibility Training, Gymnastics, Health Coaching, Life Coaching, Middle Eastern Cooking, Nutrition, Personal Training, Physical and Earth Sciences, Physical Science, Physiology, Reading, Religious Studies, Science, Social Sciences, Speech, Sports Nutrition, Strength and Conditioning, Stretching, Study Skills, Vocabulary, Weight Loss, Yoga
Hello!! I am an upbeat, well rounded individual. My name is Valerie, i am a Masters student in the field of exercise science, and bio-mechanics. I will transition to my Dr. in Physical Therapy soon!!! I am CPR certified, i have worked with a broad variety of patients as well as students. I can teach anything science related as well as nutrition how to be fit and eat well, how to work out, posture etc. I also have tutored special needs as well as foreign exchange students. I work well with others and have a diverse background. Please contact me with any questions!!
Acting, Algebra, Algebra 1, Algebra 2, American History, Archery, Baking, Basic Math, Bible Studies, Calculus, Cartooning, Chemistry, Chess, Cooking, Cross Country, Disc Golf, Discrete Math, Drawing, Earth Science, Elementary Math, Energy and Earth Sciences, English, English Literature, Environmental Chemistry, ESL, Gaming, Gardening, GED Test Prep, Geometry, History, Judo, Language, Life Science, Linear Algebra, Math, Microsoft Access, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Office, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Word, Paper Crafts, Physical Science, Pre Algebra, Pre Calculus, Religious Studies, Science, Social Studies, Study Skills, Swimming, Typing, Writing
BS in Education, Major in Science, Minor in Math Oakland University, Rochester Hills, MI 2008
Certified: Elementary K-5 all subject (K-8 Self CC)
Integrated Science (DI) 6-8
Mathematics (EX) 6-8
PreK-3rd grade (MLPP)
AA in General Studies Macomb Community College, Clinton Township, MI 2006
• Data Collection
• Data Entry
• Excellent customer service • Training/Presenting
• Public Speaking
Professional Work Experience
Substitute Teacher Professional Education Services Group, Caledonia, MI 2011-Present
• Implemented lessons from grades levels K-12 with concentrations in mathematics and science
• Responsible for student achievement, safety and understanding; implemented, enhanced, and adjusted lesson plans.
• Established and maintained open communication with staff, advisors, and parents on class procedures, daily routines, and instructional materials.
Full Time Math Substitute South Lake Middle School, St. Clair Shores, MI 2013-2013
• Created, applied and collected data on lessons in mathematics studies following the new Core Curriculum using best teaching practices.
• Provided open communication with staff, advisors, and parents pertaining to action plans focused around individual student achievement with follow up meetings regarding student progress.
English, Math, Science Teacher Abu Dhabi Education Council, Abu Dhabi, UAE 2009-2011
• Troubleshot and administered lessons based on educational standards of the British Education System in the subject areas of math, science, and English.
• Planed, designed, analyzed, and provided curriculum and strategies to enhance classroom achievement and adjusted for students with differential learning needs.
• Trained other teachers, and other education professionals, with best practice implementation of educational standards through hands on demonstrations as well as routine meetings for the educational reformation plan.
• Catered to technical needs associated with computer hardware when necessary.
Shipping & Receiving/Assembly Milton Manufacturing, Detroit, MI 2011-2011
• Maintained a clean and organized work space while adhering to procedures regarding safety and production of manufactured goods and services resulting in zero violation or incidents.
• Responsible for the packaging, shipping and receiving of manufactured goods with follow up data entry and reporting.
Promotional Specialist Productions Plus, Bingham Farms, MI 2011-Present
• Greeted and invited patrons at public relations events to participate in fun and interactive activates that allow for better understanding of products being offered by clients including Chevy, and Mountain Dew Kickstart.
• Took direction while at the same time maintained attention to detail and implementation of character or characters in an action based setting for either promotion of product or dramatic dialogue or action for entertainment purposes.
Lifeguard Macomb Family YMCA, Mount Clemens, MI 2001-2009
• Provided first responder and preventative care to individuals that need assistance in first aid and lifesaving techniques resulting in zero fatalities or injuries.
• Maintained and helped in the implementation of training aquatic staff in monthly in-services that resulted in 100% of lifeguard audits that were administered and passed with an “Exceed” rating.
• Presented hands on visual instruction techniques with a focusing on safety regarding activities in and around aquatic environments.
• Generated communication to parents and participants on swim instruction progress as well as strategies to improve and grow in competitive and non-competitive aquatic activities.
Day Camp Counselor/Aquatic Safety lead
• Administered a safe and stimulating environment that reflected the core values of the YMCA including honesty, responsibility, respect, and caring.
• Maintained a fun and safe atmosphere while in and around aquatic environment while implementing guidelines for Ellis Lifeguarding procedure resulting in zero injuries or fatalities.
Murder Mystery Theater Village of Peace Manor, Charter Township of Clinton, MI 2014-2014
• 8 hours involved in dramatic and comedic performance for the fundraising of new furniture for the assisted living quarters.
• Assisted with the assembly and delivery of food during dinner portion of the event along with the tear down and clean up after.
The Silver Slippers Charity Event L’Anse Creuse Middle School South, Harrison Twp., MI 2013-2014
• Perform for the purpose of entertaining guests raising money for future art entertainment endeavors for the school resulting in over $2,000 of charitable donations raised.
• Designed and constructed the set as well as set it up and tore it down during the two performances events in March and February.
MASH After School Tutoring South Lake Middle School, St. Clair Shores, MI 2013-2013
• Facilitated instruction in various subject areas for the improvement of student achievement on a one-on-one mentoring based program resulting in an average of a 20% increase in student achievement in math scores.
Sunday school Teacher Lake Side Community Church, St. Clair Shores, MI 2001-2009
• Implementation and creation of instruction in religious studies in a safe and child friendly environment including song and dance instruction as well as scientific investigation and activities.
Vacation Bible School Lake Side Community Church, St. Clair Shores, MI 2001-2008
• Planned games and fun activities while maintaining a vigilant and safe watch on child performance.
• Participated in the creation set up and tear down of daily stage and theater proms.
OU Cares Oakland University, Rochester, MI 2007-2007
• Instruction and mentorship involving scientific investigation pertaining to students with special needs.
Anatomy, Anatomy and Physiology, AP Biology, Baking, Bible Studies, Biology, Bodybuilding, Contemporary Dance, Cooking, Creative Writing, Dance, Dance Fitness, Desserts, English, English Literature, Essay Writing, Fitness, Flexibility Training, Gardening, Geography, Health Coaching, Italian Cooking, Language, Latin Ballroom Dance, Life Coaching, Literature, Makeup, Meditation, Middle Eastern Cooking, Modern Dance, Nutrition, Personal Training, Psychology, Quilting, Reading, Religious Studies, Running, Salsa Dancing, Scrapbooking, Sewing, Social Sciences, Social Studies, Sociology, Spanish, Spelling, Sports Nutrition, Strength and Conditioning, Stretching, Swing Dance, Triathlon, Vocabulary, Weight Loss, Writing
I have a dual bachelor's degree in Spanish and Psychology, nationally registered as an Emergency Medical Technician, and have my Personal Fitness Training certification.
"Steven is very professional and extremely helpful. He always has a smile on and is serious about helping you phrase the music. I would highly recommend him to anyone."
"It's been really exciting so far! Jordan has been so helpful, so knowledgeable. I could not have found a better instructor and I'm getting better and better every day."
"My daughter's wedding was weeks away and I had never been able to dance a step. With Jenny's help, I came further than ever before in such short time in any subject."