My name is Rufus and I am eager to share my 43 + years of drum experience to help you play like a pro! In a very short amount of time, you will learn the basics and begin to find your own rhythm as a drummer...let me show you how you can be the best drummer possible!
* Play with Local Group - Tropical Heat
* Recently played with National Recording Artist Michael Anthony at Cork and Olive in Brandon
• Musician in Mystic Sheiks of Morocco, Rock a Doo Whop, Christmas Show at Busch Gardens Tampa Bay
• Tutored in South America, Europe and Canada over 20 yrs.
• Drummer for New Salem M.B Church for last 20 yrs.
• 4 yrs marching in the Florida A&M University Marching Band & Percussion Ensemble
• 43 + yrs of rudimentary drumming
Audio: Specialize in digital audio work station software – Cubase 7 – Wavelab 8 and Waves plug-ins.
Owner of a home based recording studio. Titles:
The Bottom Line featuring the vocals of Ms. Amella "D"(2013)
True Love- collection of pop music (2012)
Lift Off - A high energy dance song.(2012)
The Spencer Project - a Gospel collaboration with various artists.(2010)
Master Works - variety of different styles of music.(2009)
Lift Off- a high energy dance song (2010)
Iron-man Marathon Music - (1983)
*** Lesson Details ***
We will cover from the basics to the flashiness in drum playing and cover techniques in studio drumming.
If you are looking to venture into song writing and studio recording gear and software I have a studio complete with all the tools you will need to help carry you to the next level.
*** Studio Equipment ***
Drum room with seating for parents. 5 piece Yamaha drum set, hi- hat cymbal, ride cymbal, music stand.
Digital audio work station software:
Cubase 7.5 – Wavelab 8 and Waves plug-ins
Omnishere,Trilian,Native Instruments,korg legacy collection, Steinberg, Sample tank
host of loops
Axiom 25, Alesis Q61
Steinberg MR28M D-Pre mic preamp, Rodes NT-2a mic, Symetrix 525
Samson headphone box
Samson Resolv 65a and sub, Equator D5 speakers
Pudget system custom built computer (PC)
*** Travel Equipment ***
Lap top with earphones so student can experience playing along
*** Specialties ***
R&b, Gospel, Hip Hop, Jazz
35 yrs playing in various shows