Guitar, Improv Acting, Jazz Dancing, Piano, Theater Acting, Theatrical Dance, Violin, Acting, Clarinet, Classical Guitar, Dance, Elementary Math, Flute, Music Performance, Music Theory, Saxophone, Speaking Voice, Trumpet, Bassoon, Trombone, Viola
• I have over 20 years experience as a music teacher, conductor, theater/orchestra director and a performer in Russia, Norway and the United States.
• I possess excellent interpersonal skills and over the years developed the ability to communicate efficiently and connect with every student I teach.
• I am creative and enthusiastic while working with people of all ages.
• I have a reputation of being passionate about achieving professional goals.
09/08- Present NYC Board of Education, P.S. 48
• Band & Orchestra Director
• Teach children K-5 to play musical instruments in small groups and large ensembles
• Organize and perform Winter and Spring Concerts
02/08- Present Yakov's Music for Gifted & Talented, Inc, Brooklyn, NY
• Founder and Music Director
• Teach various musical instruments and vocal
06/07-06/08 Rockaway-Five Towns Symphony, Lynbrook, NY
• Music Director, Conductor
• Conducted weekly rehearsals (night) and 3-4 concerts during the concert season
10/03-06/08 Globe Institute of Technology, New York, NY
• Adjunct Professor of Music
06/07-08/07 JCC of Cherry Hill, NJ
• Musical Theater Director
• Taught acting, improvisation, singing. Produced musical shows.
10/06-06/07 JCH of Bensonhurst, Brooklyn, NY
• Musical Theater Director
• Produced musical theater shows
• Taught students of ages 5-12 various vocal selections
09/00-06/07 NYC Board of Education, District 20, P.S.200; P.S.179
• Band / Orchestra Director
• Taught all woodwind, brass and percussion, violin, piano
05/99-06/06 School for Musical Performance, Brooklyn, NY
• Instructed students on Piano, Guitar, All string and wind instruments and vocals.
• Prepared students for the auditions to the prestigious schools and other music organizations.
1993-1997 St. Petersburg Radio Orchestra, Russia
• Principal Bassoonist
Other work experience:
• Performed as a bassoonist with The Kirov Opera & Ballet Theatre, the Mussorgsky Opera & Ballet Theatre, The St. Petersburg Philharmonic Orchestra, The Chamber Opera Orchestra of St. Petersburg and other Symphony and Chamber orchestras of St. Petersburg, Russia
• Performed Solo Recitals in Russia, Poland, Norway and United States
06/98 The St. Petersburg Conservatory of Music, St. Petersburg, Russia
M.A. in Music: Major – Bassoon Performance; Minor – Conducting
06/91 The St. Petersburg College of Music named after Rimsky-Korsakov, Russia
B.A. with a Double Major in Orchestral Performance (Bassoon) and Music Education
Violin, Music Theory, Viola
I graduated from Mannes College of Music with a BS in violin performance. While at Mannes, I was a student of Sally Thomas (Julliard School) and other primary teachers include Claudia Schaer, Amy Barlowe and Oscar Ravina. I have had chamber music studies with Ann Setzer, Peter Prosser, Chin Kim, Gena Raps, and members of the Orpheus Chamber Orchestra and NY Philharmonic. Masterclasses include those with Cho-Liang Lin, Pamela Frank, and Ida Kavafian. I am graduate of the Mannes Pre-College division Honors program and alumna of both the New York Youth Symphony and Meadowmount School of Music.
I am also registered with the Suzuki Association of America and have completed Suzuki teacher training for books 1 - 8 at NYC's School for Strings, working with Ekaterina Gerson and Allen Lieb. I have also had additional pedagogy training with Ann Setzer of the Julliard School.
I recently completed Music Mind Games Unit 1 teacher training with Michiko Yurko, and look forward to integrating her method of teaching music theory in an accessible and fun way into my teaching.
In addition, I have had 10 years of teaching experience, and I also have a minor in psychology with a specialization in developmental and educational psychology.
Bass Guitar, Guitar, Singing, Violin, Classical Guitar, Music Performance, Music Theory, Songwriting, Speaking Voice
"Being an active modern musician who takes International stages, my experiences have kept me centered amongst the trends, scenes and happenings to new music."
My experiences have been far-reaching . I was trained formally as a concertise of the classical guitar. I studied at the Cleveland Music School Settlement and at the Cleveland State University before my sojourn to Vienna, Austria where I was accepted as a student at the Academie for Music and Performing Arts, arriving there at the age of 19, becoming a protege of Luise Walker-Hesjek.
I have been a teacher of guitar since my High School days.
I am a formidable teacher of the concert classical guitar and also am an excellent educator of blues and jazz music. Besides the guitar, I also instruct electric bass guitar, offer vocal coaching (including solfeggio), song writing, composition and harmony studies. Also, I instruct beginning violin.
My experiences around master musicians and artists have given me many exceptional insights into the experience of music. And I would enjoy to share my learning with you!
Bass Guitar, Guitar, Piano, Violin, Classical Guitar, Mandolin, Music Performance, Music Theory, Songwriting, Banjo, Harmonica
I have taught for 18 years, giving both private and group lessons. I am a professional musician, having played in numerous bands, recorded and played shows. I have taugh all ages, and all elvels, and all styles. I play a number of instruments including piano, guitar, bass, violin, banjo, mandolin, and harmonica, in addition to writing and singing. I took private lessons for over 10 years, and also studied music in both high school and college.
Violin, Music Theory
Hi, and welcome to my profile! I am a Manhattan based, freelance classical violinist with a passion for teaching. A west coast transplant, I received my bachelor's degree in Violin Performance from the San Francisco Conservatory of Music, where I was a student of Axel Strauss. Two years ago I moved out to New York to pursue my master's of music as a student of Hiroko Yajima at Mannes College, which I completed last May.
My classical foundation has given me opportunities to work with conductors like Michael Tilson Thomas, and to play with pop stars, like Sting. While I love classical music, I am also an avid fan of new music, hip hop, jazz, and crossover works.
I love to perform live, in classical orchestra or chamber settings, though I can frequently be found in the recording studio, laying down string tracks.
In my spare time, I like to read, write, and practice aerial arts!
I have been a freelance violinist and a professional violin teacher for the past 30 years. Playing in the orchestra and teaching students are two of my greatest passions in life. As a private violin instructor, I firmly believe that education is impossible without student motivation and passion. As much as I love teaching, my best experience is also learning from my students.
Education - received in the Republic of Georgia (Eastern Europe)
- Tbilisi State Music Academy - 7 year degree in Violin/Piano performance.
- Tbilisi State College of Music and Arts - Bachelor's Degree in Violin Performance.
- Tbilisi State Music Conservatory - Master's Degree in Violin Performance.
I am very fortunate to love teaching because it allows me to share my knowledge and incredible experiences that I have acquired in my 30 years of being a musician in Europe and the United States.
Professional work experience:
- Park Avenue Chamber Orchestra - NY,NY
- Charlotte Symphony Orchestra - Florida
- Tbilisi State Symphony Orchestra - Georgia
- Tbilisi State Opera House Orchestra - Georgia
- Tbilisi State Sympho-Jazz Orchestra - Georgia
- Tbilisi State Pop - Jazz Ensemble - Georgia
Our online tools make booking, managing your schedule and paying for lessons easy and hassle-free.
Every teacher in our network completes a background check, ensuring a safe learning environment.
If for any reason you're not satisfied after your first lesson, we'll help you find another teacher or refund your entire purchase.
No matter where you live, chances are we can introduce you to an
amazing teacher in your neighborhood. You can take lessons in the
privacy of your own home or at your teacher's location. Start by
searching in your ZIP code to find teachers near you.
What if the teacher who best fits your needs is on the other side
of the country? No problem. Our online lesson platform connects
you with any teacher, anywhere. All you need is a reliable Internet
connection, a webcam, and a microphone.
Your search for the perfect teacher starts with the type of lesson and your ZIP code. All of our instructors complete background checks and are pre-screened...
Take some time to review the teachers in our network. All of our teachers provide detailed profiles, including information about their background, specialties, and teaching style. You can also read reviews from past and current students.
Select your teacher and book online. After you book, your teacher will contact you directly to talk about your first lesson and you'll be able to manage your entire schedule through our free online account.
Take your voice to the next level. Download free video tutorials to start singing like the star you are!
Getting Started with Music Lessons guides you through selecting a teacher & preparing for your first lesson.
Kickstart your guitar playing. Download free video tutorials to learn about chord progressions, strumming, and more!
"Steven is very professional and extremely helpful. He always has a smile on and is serious about helping you phrase the music. I would highly recommend him to anyone."
"It's been really exciting so far! Jordan has been so helpful, so knowledgeable. I could not have found a better instructor and I'm getting better and better every day."
"My daughter's wedding was weeks away and I had never been able to dance a step. With Jenny's help, I came further than ever before in such short time in any subject."