Our online tools make booking, managing your schedule and paying for lessons easy and hassle-free.
Access and compare detailed information about teaching style, experience, education, and more.
If for any reason you're not satisfied after your first lesson, we'll help you find another teacher or refund your entire purchase.
No matter where you live, chances are we can introduce you to an
amazing teacher in your neighborhood. You can take lessons in the
privacy of your own home or at your teacher's location. Start by
searching in your ZIP code to find teachers near you.
What if the teacher who best fits your needs is on the other side
of the country? No problem. Our online lesson platform connects
you with any teacher, anywhere. All you need is a reliable Internet
connection, a webcam, and a microphone.
Your search for the perfect teacher starts with the subject you'd like to learn and your ZIP code. From the list of recommended teachers, compare detailed information about each option before you make your teacher selection.
Take some time to review the teachers in our network. All of our teachers provide detailed profiles, including information about their background, specialties, and teaching style. You can also read reviews from past and current students.
Select your teacher and book online. After you book, your teacher will contact you directly to talk about your first lesson and you'll be able to manage your entire schedule through our free online account.
ACT Math, ACT Science, Algebra, Algebra 1, Algebra 2, Analytical Chemistry, Analytical Geometry, AP Biology, AP Chemistry, AP Physics, AP Statistics, Arabic, Arithmetic, Basic Math, Biochemistry, Biology, Cell Biology, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Discrete Math, Elementary Math, Engineering, English, Genetics, Geometry, GRE, Life Science, Linear Algebra, Math, Molecular Biology, Organic Chemistry, Physical Science, Physics, Pre Algebra, SAT, Science, Statistics, Study Skills, Test Prep, Thermodynamics
EDUCATION AND CREDENTIALS
Ph.D., Molecular and Cell Biology, 2013 – University of Texas at Dallas, Richardson, TX
Dissertation: Investigations of Cre-recombinase-mediated DNA-loop formation using Förster Resonance Energy Transfer (FRET)
M.S., Molecular and Cell Biology, 2010 – University of Texas at Dallas, Richardson, TX
B.S., Molecular and Cell Biology, 2008 – University of Texas at Dallas, Richardson, TX
Summa Cum Laude ~ GPA 3.98
Honors Thesis: The Proteus Effect: Stem Cells and Medical Applications
UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS AT DALLAS, Richardson, TX
Senior Teaching Assistant, August 2013 to Present
Develop lesson plans and present lectures in BMEN 3361: Thermodynamics and Physical Chemistry in Biomedical Engineering to junior-level undergraduate bioengineering students. Prepare and grade exams. Interface with students to respond to questions and provide additional assistance.
• Successfully teach complex topics to students with diverse backgrounds and academic experience.
• Introduced problem solving workshop to aid students in completing homework and understanding lessons.
UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS AT DALLAS, Richardson, TX
Graduate Research Assistant, July 2008 to Present
Conduct interdisciplinary Ph.D. research under National Institutes of Health (NIH) and National Science Foundation (NSF) grants to earn degrees in Bioengineering and Molecular and Cell Biology. Collaborate with colleagues on research topics. Supervised and mentored Ph.D. students and undergraduates.
• Established novel kinetic assays for site-specific recombination and DNA-loop formation; developed innovative plasmid-DNA labeling technique; analyzed results using molecular-dynamics simulation.
• Performed extensive hands-on research and literature reviews; developed strong technical skills with a wide range of biochemical, biophysical, and computational techniques.
• Wrote and published articles in respected peer-reviewed journals; received invitations to present at international conferences.
• Research interests include protein-DNA interactions in site-specific recombination and gene regulation; and structure and dynamics of macromolecules in solution and applications in biotechnology.
UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS AT DALLAS, Richardson, TX
Teaching Assistant, Spring 2007 to Spring 2009
Taught BIOL 3520: Microbiology Laboratory (Spring ’09) and BIOL 3381: Biochemistry I (Fall ’08, Fall ’07, Spring ’07) to junior- and senior-level undergraduate students. Prepared lab exercises and lesson plans following established curriculum. Graded student performance and provided assistance as needed. Communicated regularly with professor regarding student progress and issues.
INVITED TALKS AND CONFERENCE PRESENTATIONS
1. Investigating Cre-recombinase-mediated DNA looping using FRET: New insights from experiments and simulations. Biophysical Society Meeting, San Francisco, CA, 2014.
2. Keeping You in the Loop: The mechanics of DNA shape and flexibility in biological assemblies. Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA, 2014. Host: Dr. Andrew Fire
3. Keeping You in the Loop: The mechanics of DNA shape and flexibility in biological assemblies. Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, 2014. Hosts: Drs. Marjorie Oettinger and Michael Tolstorukov
4. Keeping You in the Loop: The mechanics of DNA shape and flexibility in biological assemblies. Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA, 2014. Host: Dr. Merritt Maduke
5. Keeping You in the Loop: The mechanics of DNA shape and flexibility in biological assemblies. University of California, San Francisco, CA, 2014. Host: Dr. Nadav Ahituv
6. Keeping You in the Loop: The mechanics of DNA shape and flexibility in biological assemblies. University of Wisconsin-Madison, Madison, WI, 2014. Hosts: Drs. Ravi Balijepalli, Timothy Kamp, and Jonathan Makielski
7. Keeping You in the Loop: The mechanics of DNA shape and flexibility in biological assemblies. Colorado State University, Fort Collins, CO, 2014. Host: Dr. Karolin Luger
8. New insights into the mechanism of Cre recombinase, University of Leeds, UK, 2012. Hosts: Drs. Sarah Harris and Peter Stockley
9. DNA looping mediated by Cre recombinase: new insights from experiments and simulations. Topological Aspects of DNA Function and Protein Folding, Cambridge, UK, 2012.
10. Measurements of DNA-loop formation via Cre-mediated recombination. Discrete and Topological Models in Molecular Biology, Tampa, FL, 2012.
11. Insights into the mechanism of Cre recombinase. American Mathematical Society sectional meeting: Topological Problems in Molecular Biology, Iowa City, IA, 2011.
12. Molecular biology tutorial for mathematicians: American Mathematical Society sectional meeting: Topological Problems in Molecular Biology, Iowa City, IA, 2011.
HONORS AND AWARDS
Featured by the University of Texas at Dallas , Science Daily, and NSF
Harris Award for Best Research Discussion Presentation, University of Texas at Dallas (Spring 2012)
National Science Foundation Travel Award (Spring 2012)
Dean’s List, University of Texas at Dallas (2006-2008)
Phi Theta Kappa (2006)
PCR and DNA isolation / purification
DNA topology characterization
Gel electrophoresis and western blotting
Absorption and fluorescence spectroscopy
DNA bioconjugation chemistry
Atomic-force microscopy (AFM)
Molecular-dynamics simulation of DNA and protein-DNA complexes
AP Biology, AP Chemistry, Biology, Chemistry, Creative Writing, Essay Writing, Genetics, History, Organic Chemistry, Reading, Writing
If you are a college student or parent of a child needing help with Biology-Chemistry-Organic Chemistry, Science AP tests, or English (writing, proofreading essays, reading), *I can and would love to help!* I am a college graduate, where I obtained a degree in Biology with a minor in Chemistry. I even scored in the 91st percentile on the Chemistry section of the Dental Admissions Test (the big test that every aspiring dentist must take, although now, I am preparing to take the MCAT to get into medical school). With that being said, I know Science very well! I have helped several K-12 students attain not only good grades, but a comprehensive understanding of their Science and English subjects, permitting them to truly become the best student they can be. I volunteered two years as a homework helper at an after-school kids club. Later, I worked for a non-profit children's organization, where I was given the unofficial title as homework helper, where I tutored kids in reading and writing. And now, I work full-time at a licensed children's learning center, where I teach a curriculum using a smart board. I absolutely love tutoring and watching the excitement students get when they have that "A-ha, this makes sense now!" moment. Whether it be elementary, secondary or college-level Science and English, I can help you or your child become a master of the subject and develop valuable study skills and habits. I look forward to helping you or your child become a successful student!
ACT, ACT English, ACT Math, ACT Reading, ACT Science, ACT Test Prep, Algebra, Algebra 1, Algebra 2, Analytical Chemistry, Analytical Geometry, AP Calculus, AP Chemistry, AP Exam Prep, AP Physics, Basic Math, Calculus, Chemistry, College Admissions, Elementary Math, Geometry, Linear Algebra, Math, Physics, Pre Algebra, Pre Calculus, PSAT, SAT, Science, Spanish, Test Prep, Trigonometry
Hey, I'm Daniel.
I currently attend college at Caltech and just finished my second year. I am an Applied Math major and am minoring in Aerospace Engineering.
I did very well in high school and on standardized tests of all kinds and now I want to help other students do the same.
I promise to be patient and understanding, yet hopefully engaging, while tutoring you or your child.
ACT Math, Algebra, Algebra 1, Algebra 2, Analytical Chemistry, Analytical Geometry, Anatomy, Anatomy and Physiology, AP Biology, AP Calculus, AP Chemistry, AP Physics, AutoCAD, Basic Math, Biology, CAD, Calculus, Cell Biology, Chemistry, Electronics, Elementary Math, Engineering, Fluid Dynamics, Geometry, Math, Mechanical Engineering, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Word, Physical Science, Physics, Pre Algebra, Pre Calculus, Science, Statistics, Thermodynamics, Trigonometry
A recent graduate from Saint Louis University with a degree in Biomedical Engineering. My areas of expertise are in Math, Science, and Engineering courses. I am willing to tutor high school or college level students. Classes I can assist in are listed below (not limited to this selection):
Math: College Algebra, Probability and Statistics, Calc I II & III, Differential Equations.
Science: Biology, Chemistry, Anatomy, Physiology, Sensory Systems
Engineering: Circuits, Mechanics/Biomechanics, Mass Transport, Thermodynamics, Signals & Systems, Digital Design, Semiconductor Devices, Material Science, Biomaterials, Tissue Engineering, Biocomputing, Biosignals.
For other courses please send a request. Thank you!
Algebra, Algebra 1, AP Biology, AP Chemistry, Basic Math, Biology, Chemistry, Clarinet, College Admissions, Cooking, Crocheting, Desserts, Discrete Math, Elementary Math, Geometry, Interior Design, Math, Organic Chemistry, Paper Crafts, Physics, Pre Algebra, Pre Calculus, Reading, Science, Scrapbooking, Spelling, Study Skills, Trigonometry
I recently moved to the Dallas area. Previously I was a Tutor in Chemistry, Math, some Biology, and other basic learning skills at Texarkana College. I am willing to work with anyone, and I am also able to help those who may have special needs or learning disabilities.
Algebra, Asian Cooking, Basketball, Cantonese, Chemistry, Chinese, GRE, Mandarin
Hi, everyone. My name is Junzhi H., as you can see it's a typical Asian name so you might call me Kevin as well. I'm not a professional teacher but I'm sure that I can guide you turn into a professional. Now I'm a international graduate student in Dallas. My hometown is in Guangdong, so I'm a bilingual native speaker in Cantonese and Mandarin. Hopefully meet you soon.
"Steven is very professional and extremely helpful. He always has a smile on and is serious about helping you phrase the music. I would highly recommend him to anyone."
"It's been really exciting so far! Jordan has been so helpful, so knowledgeable. I could not have found a better instructor and I'm getting better and better every day."
"My daughter's wedding was weeks away and I had never been able to dance a step. With Jenny's help, I came further than ever before in such short time in any subject."