Guitar, Improv Acting, Piano, Singing, Arithmetic, Basic Math, Broadway Singing, English, History, Music Theory, Opera Voice, Reading
Miss Ena is always singing!
From an early age, I have been participating in music activities, such as choir as well as various musicals like 'Oliver' and 'The Sound of Music'. As music has always been one of my best friends. Like water, I enjoy drinking from the wellspring of muse and melody.
I enjoy music most when it is shared with the natural joy of children. I have an extensive background of teaching private voice, piano and guitar to children. It's the best job in the world, getting to watch a child grow through the magic of music! I received my Kindermusik license in Summer 2005. After working with Dana Harris, formerly of 'Dana's School of Music', Dana thought I would be a perfect Kindermusik teacher.
My education is both experience and university based. In 2003, I graduated from Clark College with a 3.7 gpa. During my two and a half years at Clark, I studied voice with April Brookins Duvic. I, then moved on to Portland State University. During my two years at PSU, I studied voice with Margaret Daane and piano with Connie Titterington. I also attended Marylhurst University working towards my BA in voice performance. I am now taking a break from school to work on some fundamental musical training. I study voice with Pollyanna Hancock Moody and studied piano with John Haek. I have done my best work at Marylhurst and plan to return in fall 2008.
My experience ranges from childhood productions to improv comedy groups. It is the joy of music that I shared with my late mother that built such a lifelong foundation. Singing and sharing with mom gave me some great tools for a successful life, but most importantly, it created an unbreakable bond between her and I and myself and music.
Piano, Singing, Broadway Singing, Clarinet, Music Performance, Music Theory, Opera Voice, Spanish
I harness years of music teaching in diverse settings (including two years' private studio plus three years as a choral director and two years as a music instructor with homeless youth) for a diverse studio meeting real artistic needs. I also am a fluent and experienced Spanish tutor, teacher, and interpreter and offer effective, individualized Spanish tutoring at your convenience.
Highlights from my career include:
* Professional singing and playing experience in diverse settings (opera stages, pubs, churches, you name it)
* Intensive and well-rounded musical training at renowned Brigham Young University in clarinet and voice (earned BM in vocal performance, 2007), including coursework in piano/keyboard, music theory, pedagogy.
* Member of two professional associations, NATS (National Association of Teachers of Singing) and AGMA (American Guild of Musical Artists) (2007-2008) and networked with local associations (Classical Revolution PDX, for example)
* Mental health, domestic violence, and disabilities direct service work as an advocate, caseworker, support group facilitator, and center director (2007-2012). Broad yet intensive experience in social services enables holistic and effective guidance with the huge array of physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual issues and nuances that affect musical development and performance (bodily tension, working through nerves, motivation, stress relief techniques, goal-setting, life changes and music, disorders support, etc.)... Basically, a life music coach at your beckon call, if that is what you need.
* Years of professional teaching, training, and experience in a wide variety of fields (including Spanish, early education/preschool, healthy relationships and abuse, micro-enterprise, and finances) provide dynamic tools to connect with all ages and learning styles, in addition to instruction based on individualized plans and needs
* Choral music conductor experience (four years volunteer instructor) allows me to offer a broader view of instrumentation, developing your voice/instrument in a group, and establishing a presence in the music community
Piano, Singing, Broadway Singing, Music Performance, Music Theory, Opera Voice
I have a Master's in Vocal Performance from Portland State University, and over a decade of vocal training and performance experience.
Guitar, Piano, Singing, Broadway Singing, Classical Guitar, Music Performance, Music Recording, Music Theory, Songwriting, Ukulele
Don brings over 33 years of teaching experience in Piano, Voice, and Guitar. His relaxed and humorous approach to music encourages students to embrace a love for the musical art.
With 2 American Idol finalists to his credit, along with numerous students who have gone on to professional careers in theater, television, and film. He also has extensive experience as Musical Director for over 40 theatrical productions in the past 15 years.
He has received an award in Southern California for Outstanding Musical Direction in a theatrical production of The King and I. He is currently the vocal coach for Magenta Theater in Vancouver, WA.
He has traveled the US with an international singing group, been a choral director in various capacities for over 40 years, and worked as a recording studio engineer.
Don strives to bring out the best in each student. Whether a beginner, intermediate, or advanced student, Don will expand your musical horizon and styles to new levels.
Piano, Singing, Broadway Singing, Music Performance, Music Theory, Speaking Voice
I have over 10 years experience as a creative and energetic music teacher with a strong commitment to educating children and adults. I am skilled in a wide variety of music genres and able to tailor to individual student needs. I have been recognized for excellent interpersonal skills and creative teaching methods.
• 10 plus years experience as a private music tutor/teacher specializing in piano, voice and brass instruments.
• Received “Most creative and effective teaching methods” award while volunteering at Oregon State University’s peer tutoring center.
My hobbies include hiking, camping, gardening and being with my family. I have a wonderful husband, two young children and love exploring the world with them!
Piano, Singing, Acting, Broadway Singing, Flute
Hi! My name is Kallie and I have been teaching piano, flute, voice and acting for 8 years. I am very passionate about teaching and music. I am a singer/songwriter with 2 CD's on itunes and I have been involved in children theater for 7 years appearing in12 shows such as Annie, Seussical the Musical and Snow White. I am also a member of ASCAP and TAXI. I love to share my joy of music with all who will listen. Children are my specialty but I welcome students of all ages.
Our online tools make booking, managing your schedule and paying for lessons easy and hassle-free.
Every teacher in our network completes a background check, ensuring a safe learning environment.
If for any reason you're not satisfied after your first lesson, we'll help you find another teacher or refund your entire purchase.
No matter where you live, chances are we can introduce you to an
amazing teacher in your neighborhood. You can take lessons in the
privacy of your own home or at your teacher's location. Start by
searching in your ZIP code to find teachers near you.
What if the teacher who best fits your needs is on the other side
of the country? No problem. Our online lesson platform connects
you with any teacher, anywhere. All you need is a reliable Internet
connection, a webcam, and a microphone.
Your search for the perfect teacher starts with the type of lesson and your ZIP code. All of our instructors complete background checks and are pre-screened...
Take some time to review the teachers in our network. All of our teachers provide detailed profiles, including information about their background, specialties, and teaching style. You can also read reviews from past and current students.
Select your teacher and book online. After you book, your teacher will contact you directly to talk about your first lesson and you'll be able to manage your entire schedule through our free online account.
Take your voice to the next level. Download free video tutorials to start singing like the star you are!
Getting Started with Music Lessons guides you through selecting a teacher & preparing for your first lesson.
Kickstart your guitar playing. Download free video tutorials to learn about chord progressions, strumming, and more!
"Steven is very professional and extremely helpful. He always has a smile on and is serious about helping you phrase the music. I would highly recommend him to anyone."
"It's been really exciting so far! Jordan has been so helpful, so knowledgeable. I could not have found a better instructor and I'm getting better and better every day."
"My daughter's wedding was weeks away and I had never been able to dance a step. With Jenny's help, I came further than ever before in such short time in any subject."