Our online tools make booking, managing your schedule and paying for lessons easy and hassle-free.
Every teacher in our network completes a background check, ensuring a safe learning environment.
If for any reason you're not satisfied after your first lesson, we'll help you find another teacher or refund your entire purchase.
No matter where you live, chances are we can introduce you to an
amazing teacher in your neighborhood. You can take lessons in the
privacy of your own home or at your teacher's location. Start by
searching in your ZIP code to find teachers near you.
What if the teacher who best fits your needs is on the other side
of the country? No problem. Our online lesson platform connects
you with any teacher, anywhere. All you need is a reliable Internet
connection, a webcam, and a microphone.
Your search for the perfect teacher starts with the type of lesson and your ZIP code. All of our instructors complete background checks and are pre-screened...
Take some time to review the teachers in our network. All of our teachers provide detailed profiles, including information about their background, specialties, and teaching style. You can also read reviews from past and current students.
Select your teacher and book online. After you book, your teacher will contact you directly to talk about your first lesson and you'll be able to manage your entire schedule through our free online account.
Take your voice to the next level. Download free video tutorials to start singing like the star you are!
Getting Started with Music Lessons guides you through selecting a teacher & preparing for your first lesson.
Kickstart your guitar playing. Download free video tutorials to learn about chord progressions, strumming, and more!
Guitar, Piano, Singing, Songwriting
If you can recognize your favorite song when you hear it, you already have what it takes to be a great musician!
MY PROMISE TO YOU:
1. Your lesson will always be geared toward what YOU want to learn, and if it seems like we are working on something that doesn't match that, I will always take the time to make clear why what we are doing will have you be able to play what you want.
2. You already have every skill you need to be a great performer, and my job is just to steer the ship in the right direction to have that happen. All I am ever doing in a lesson is making sure that we are moving you in the ultimate direction that you want to be going musically.
3. I will do everything I know how to do to make sure that what I have learned that will benefit you becomes something you have mastered. If I could take the "computer chip" in my head and put it in yours, we would do that. Study with me and you will get the next best thing!
4.If I say something that isn't clear, or isn't useful to you, I will ALWAYS re-explain, or say it a different way, until it is useful to you and something you know how to use for your benefit on your instrument.
5. If you have a practice schedule set up with me, and for any reason you do not have time to practice or get an assignment done, I GOT IT! You can always tell me, because I've been there and I know. Music Lessons are NOT school, and I will never act like they are.
OK, now for the credentials:
I learned how to read music at 4 years old, before I had even learned to read English. If I can do that, anyone can do that given the right set of elements.
1. I started singing at three, piano lessons at nine, began teaching myself guitar at twelve and I have never stopped playing and learning since then.
2. I earned a B.A in Music from Towson University and graduated Magna cum Laude with a Major in Jazz/Commercial Piano Performance and a Minor in Opera.
3. I made my stage performing debut in a solo role at six, and I have never stopped performing since then. I wrote my first song, all by myself, at eleven and have composed over 1000 pieces since then.
4. I have studied brain science and practical neurology for fifteen years as part of my continuing education.
In addition to my extensive study of the piano, I have had many other valuable experiences as a musician and teacher, including but not limited to the following:
1. I have been a choral singer for twenty three years, and during that time toured Italy, sang at St. Martin of Tours Church in Los Angeles for fifteen of those years, and worked on mastering just about every form of sacred choral and gospel music.
2. As a soloist, began performing professionally in 1988 and have done numerous performances of my own compositions around Southern California. I also have had songs of mine pitched to major artists in Nashville,
3. I developed a method of curing tone deafness, and authored a course that teaches this to anyone whether they are a trained singer or beginner. I also built the web site that sells the Tune Up! course and maintain it myself.
4. I have been teaching for nineteen years, working with students from 3 to 78 years old at every level of musical experience. I have taught not only music performing and instrumental technique, but song-writing, arranging, and the tricky task of singing while playing an instrument to accompany one's self. Believe me, this is a skill that DOES take a separate set of lessons to master, but every student who studies it with me does!
In short, if it's music, or even music-related, I've done it and I can teach it and I can figure out the best method to have your brain master it!
Rhythm, and understanding why it is your ticket to musical mastery
How to use your own brain to be your own best teacher (when I'm not there in a lesson with you!)
Pop, Classical, Gospel, Rock, Musical Theater,
B. A. Music
piano, voice, guitar, music theory, song writing/composition, arranging
Guitar, Piano, Music Performance, Music Recording, Music Theory
I'm not just personable and highly qualified but I truly love to mentor young enthusiasts music and I believe the importance of adapting my teachings to each students needs and desires. After over 13 years of studying Music in both here in the US and in Brazil I've come to realize through my parents and my creative mentors and peers that I should teach kids and continue to pursue art, music and education by doing so. It's important for me to be part of the cultural enrichment of society.
Acting, Bass Guitar, Guitar, Piano, Singing, Broadway Singing, Music Performance, Music Theory, Saxophone, Songwriting
If you want to learn piano, voice or guitar basics, this is a great place to start! I am available to teach at a student home and I can teach at any age or level. I like to have fun while encouraging a student to work and study hard to gain a strong foundation in music. I have my B.A. in music and I have studied at the graduate level. I am a professional singer and stage performer, I play piano and sing at churches and weddings, and I also have a rock band! Whatever your interest in music, whether you just want to learn a couple of songs on the guitar or you would like to become a studied and versatile musician, I can help you achieve your goals.
Bass Guitar, Drum, Guitar, Piano, Clarinet, Flute, Music Performance, Music Recording, Music Theory, Percussion, Songwriting
Originally from Indiana, David has been teaching music in both the private and public school sectors for 12 years. Getting his start as a drumline instructor with only 4 students, David soon expanded his teaching to include both guitar and piano, which he studied under Frank Puzzulo (of Miles Davis' group) at Ball State University in Muncie, Indiana.
Upon graduating Ball State, David moved to Colorado to study jazz and classical music with Dr. Douglas Walter, an accomplished percussionist who is known for his versatility and multiple percussion talents. He also studied piano and guitar in his off time, jamming with several rock and jazz groups both in and out of school.
In 2006, David left the college scene with a Masters in Music and moved to Florida where he began his teaching career. In Florida, David taught roughly 70 students, ages 5 to 18, at Wewahitchka High School and Middle School. He was beloved by the town, helping out in the community as a local organist for the Presbyterian Church and as a frequent contributor to Wednesday night worship.
As wonderful as this time was, David gave up the gators and swamps to move back home to Indiana in 2007. Here, he took a job at Kokomo High School and Maple Crest Middle school where he resumed teaching students from 5th graders to seniors in all areas of music, including wind, strings/guitar and percussion. David established the first ever "rock and roll" class at the high school in 2008, a program that started with only 5 students and has ballooned to 38 in this current year! The class consisted of guitars, keyboards, bass and drums, all of which David can teach at a professional level.
Most recently, David graduated with his second Masters in Jazz Performance from DePaul University. He studied primarily with professor Ron Perillo, unquestionably the most innovative piano player in Chicago and with Bob Palmieri, a gifted guitarist. Having now graduated, David is devoting himself full time to teaching private students and looks very much forward to working with you!
2010 - DePaul University Performance Scholarship
2009 - DEKCS Most Influential Teacher of the Year
2006 - Wallace Fiske Award for Outstanding Percussionist
2001 - Guest Performance at Mukugowa Women's College in Osaka, Japan
2001 - Ball State University Undergraduate Concerto Contest Winner
2001 - Kokomo Symphony Concerto Contest Winner
2000 - Butler Matinee Musicale Winner
Bass Guitar, Guitar, Piano, Music Performance, Music Recording, Music Theory, Trumpet, Upright Bass
Detroit native, Nicholas C. K., demonstrated an innate musical talent from a young age. His command of piano, guitar, trumpet and bass progressed to studies at both Columbia University in Chicago and Wayne State University in Detroit. Since age 16 Nic has toured the country sharing the stage with acclaimed rock acts such as; Tesla, Bret Michaels, 3 Doors Down and many others. He is currently endorsed by Warwick Basses.
Nicholas been a musician in some form or another for as long as he can remember. His musical journey started when he was only six, with a delve into the realm of classical piano. While there he studied under world class child prodigy Josh Cullen. The composers that he studied include Bach, Beethoven, Barton, Hayden and many others.
From here he progressed to playing jazz trumpet, studying the Jamey Aebersold method under Paul Finkbeiner, the lead trumpet player for the Paul Keller Ensemble.
Then at the age of 11, with the help of his grandfather he discovered the guitar. He learned quickly on his old SR guitar. He quickly discovered that he had a natural taste for blues phrasing, and his soloing abilities quickly blossomed. 2 years later, he had formed his first band, Spherical. It was through this band that he found the bass.
His journey into the realm of bass, began out of necessity and progressed into love of the bottom end. Since then, he has been collecting basses, playing, living and breathing bass. He now realizes the importance of a funky beat, a subtle line and most important of all A Tight Groove!!!
The benefit of studying under someone with a vast array of both talent and experience is clear.
Piano, Oboe, Phonics, Reading
Bonnie started piano at age 4, clarinet by third grade, and oboe in the 8th grade. In High School, she played oboe, bagpipes, and saxophone in the jazz band winning the Best Jazz Soloist Award. She also won the Young Artist Competition and played with the Tampa Symphony. While attending USF, she continued to perform with the Tampa Symphony and graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree. She then attended the University of Michigan and received her Master of Music degree and performed with the Detroit Symphony Orchestra and many chamber groups in the area.
In 2003, she created the Pop Oboe series with 4 CDs, a member of the Recording Academy and had her cds on the Grammy Nomination list.
Now in the Orlando area, she is a freelance musician and has performed at Universal, The Museum of Art, The Winter Park Art Festival,and many more.
In 2012, she created a piano curriculum that uses animals to teach note reading and piano. Creating this curriculum makes learning music FUN!
All along the way, she was teaching private music students, Kindermusik and also Homeschooling her three children for 10 years.
Using several curriculum for phonics, and reading, while Homeschooling, is why she is offering this service through Take Lessons.
"Steven is very professional and extremely helpful. He always has a smile on and is serious about helping you phrase the music. I would highly recommend him to anyone."
"It's been really exciting so far! Jordan has been so helpful, so knowledgeable. I could not have found a better instructor and I'm getting better and better every day."
"My daughter's wedding was weeks away and I had never been able to dance a step. With Jenny's help, I came further than ever before in such short time in any subject."