Looking for a exciting family activity this weekend? The New Children’s Museum (NCM) in San Diego is a great spot to take your children for a daytime outing that is both fun and educational. Located at 200 West Avenue in the Gaslamp district of downtown San Diego, this museum is open every day except for Tuesdays (and major holidays). What’s so cool about it? Here’s what you need to know…
1) The New Children’s Museum San Diego is affordable, especially if you become a member. General admission is $10 for adults and children, and only $5 for senior citizens and military personnel. There are usually other deals you can find, also, such as their Target Free Second Sundays, during which NCM offers free admission thanks to Target. You can also purchase an annual membership for $80 for unlimited visits to the museum with your family.
2) The NCM offers a myriad of fantastic activities for children to partake in both on their website and inside of the museum. These projects contain educational elements to help your child learn while they have fun too.
3) The NCM has an awesome cafe called Green Bellies. The healthy and delicious menu offers vegetarian and gluten-free options, as well as substitutes for healthier versions of your favorite dishes.
4) The NCM has all sorts of fun and creative workshops for children that give them the opportunity to explore their creative side. Past workshops have included a papermaking studio, an artist studio, a clay workshop, and a garden workshop.
5) NCM also has a toddler program where younger kids can socialize and participate in special activities. This program supports the growth of a healthy mind and body for your toddler through music, movement, and social play.
The New Children’s Museum San Diego is a fantastic family-friendly spot. There are programs available for all age groups, and it’s an excellent option for getting your children out of their normal routine. Bring the family and enjoy a fun, educational, and affordable day out at the New Children’s Museum San Diego!
Natalie S. tutors in English, ESL, History, Phonics, Reading, and Test Prep in San Diego, as well as through online lessons. She received her BA in English Education at the University of Delaware, and her MA in English Literature at San Diego State University. Learn more about Natalie here!