There’s nothing you can’t accomplish with a pair of headphones and the right soundtrack. From doing chores around the house to preparing for an interview, we’ve got 50 empowering songs that’ll take your productivity to the next level…
Did you know that pop music is scientifically-proven to be the best music for working quickly and accurately? It’s true! Try throwing on some Taylor Swift the next time you need to work — it’ll help!
Moreover, did you know that music can actually improve your memory? The reason is that music can reduce stress, allowing our brain to absorb information better. In fact, classical music has been proven to work best for improving memory.
With these facts in mind, we wanted to create the ultimate science-backed playlist for every occasion. Check the infographic below and empower yourself today!
(Below the infographic are Spotify playlists for your convenience!)
Perfect for doing tasks that don’t require much thinking (e.g. chores around the house).
- Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger by Daft Punk
- Eye of the Tiger by Survivor
- Die Walküre (Ride of the Valkyries) by Richard Wegner
- Don’t Stop Me Now by Queen
- I’m Shipping Up to Boston by Dropkick Murphys
Boost Your Creativity
Great for when you need inspiration to get your creative juices flowing (e.g. working on art).
- Dirty Harry by The Gorillaz
- A Little Soul by Pete Rock
- Sleepyhead by Passion Pit
- Singing Under the Rainbow by World’s End Girlfriend
- Knights of Cydonia by Muse
Improve Your Memory
Excellent for enhancing your focus and comprehension (e.g. studying, reading).
- Four Seasons by Vivaldi
- Eine kleine Nachtmusik by Mozart
- Symphony No. 67 in F Major by Joseph Haydn
- Moonlight Sonata by Beethoven
- Water Music by George Frideric Handel
Make You Laugh
Sometimes you just need a good laugh!
- Boy Named Sue by Johnny Cash
- Amish Paradise by Weird Al
- United States of Whatever by Liam Lynch
- Parents Just Don’t Understand by Will Smith
- Pool Party by The Aquabats
Heighten Your Romance
Wonderful for getting you in the romantic mood (e.g. preparing for a date).
- I Want to Hold Your Hand by The Beatles
- My Boo by Usher feat. Alicia Keys
- Just the Way You Are by Bruno Mars
- Unforgettable by Nat King Cole
- More Than Words by Extreme
Lift Your Spirits
Feeling down? Listen to these songs when you need cheering up!
- Happy by Pharrell Williams
- Strawberry Bubblegum by Justin Timberlake
- Lovely Day by Bill Withers
- In the Stone by Earth, Wind & Fire
- For Once in My Life by Stevie Wonder
Dance Your Heart Out
Great for when you need to let loose and bust-a-move on the dance floor.
- The Way You Make Me Feel by Michael Jackson
- Mambo No. 5 by Lou Bega
- Lose Control by Missy Elliott
- Grown Woman by Beyonce
- Uptown Funk by Bruno Mars
Calm Your Mind
Feeling stressed or nervous? Take a load off your mind with these relaxing songs.
- Sunrise by Norah Jones
- Somewhere Over the Rainbow by Israel “Iz” Kamakawiwo’ole
- Just My Imagination by The Temptations
- Banana Pancakes by Jack Johnson
- Aqueous Transmission by Incubus
Build Your Confidence
Feeling weak or unmotivated? Power-up with these explosive tracks.
- Survivor by Beyonce
- We Are The Champions by Queen
- You’re the Best Around by Joe Esposito
- Express Yourself by Charles Wright & the Watts 103rd Street Rhythm Band
- Uprising by Muse
Exercise Your Body
Need to feel in-the-zone? These songs will get you through the toughest workouts.
- Beat It by Michael Jackson
- Show Me How to Live by Audioslave
- Renegades of Funk by Rage Against the Machine
- Satisfaction by Benny Benassi
- Around the World by Daft Punk
*Sources included on infographic
Know any songs that belong on our list? Comment below!