What I love most is protection of human rights. I would provide resources for ordinary citizenry to facilitate their own brand of action, mainly women of color. We are often forgotten and left to fend for ourselves. With help from many wonderful friends and family, I organized a rally in my city for the kidnapped Nigerian schoolgirls before it became a hashtag. All of us have the potential and passion to act. You can be the change you are awaiting. Take that step and change history. I find a specialized climate of hate within and surrounding the black community, especially among our women. My ultimate goal would be to change the attitudes of Black women towards one another into a unified front working together. In doing that, I believe community healing and change will emerge at a rate faster than we have witnessed in centuries.
1. Identify citizenry and their individual interests in changing their community and surroundings.
2. Bring in experts from local grass roots organizations to teach affordable, if not complimentary workshops on effective organizing skills.
3. Have monthly awareness fairs to unite causes and communities who would otherwise not interact with one another.
4. Participants must originat/organize their own brand of action and institute it by the end of a calendar year.
5. Annual Sisterhood Festival based on love of self and others.
We all have the power to make a change, to be the change, and to change the course of history!