Can you believe Labor Day is right around the corner? The back-to-school frenzy has officially begun! It’s an exciting time for kids, especially if they’re hitting a milestone, like moving up to middle school or high school. Pretty soon the after-school activities and sports will kick in, so now is a great time to organize your schedule and determine which activities will be priorities. If your son or daughter has shown some interest in music, or is starting a band or orchestra program in school, you might be wondering about private music lessons. But is now a good time to get started? Absolutely!
Recently the Tampa Bay Music Academy blog posted an article about why September can be a great time to book lessons, and they bring up some great points! Here’s an excerpt from their list:
- Capitalize on the back to school spirit. Kids are excited about starting something new. It’s time for a change, and beginning piano lessons while back-to-school fervor is in full swing will help students begin with a positive outlook.
- Improve performance in school. Numerous studies show that music lessons improve student performance on standardized tests, especially in math. Music education is a great complement to traditional classroom learning, because it uses both the creative and the spatial-temporal parts of the brain at the same time.
- Build self-confidence. Just as sports can build self-confidence by helping kids learn to overcome challenges and develop new skills, learning a new instrument can accomplish those same goals. When a student successfully performs that difficult piece in his first recital, his confidence gets the same boost it does when his team wins the basketball game.
Continue reading the full article here.
Can you think of more reasons why now is the best time to get started with music lessons? Leave them in the comments!
You might also like…
– Must-Have Back-to-School Apps
– Helping Your Child Set Music Goals
– Should You Rent or Buy Your Child’s Band Instrument?
Photo by Old Shoe Woman