Are you ready to have the best summer ever? If you’re still making your summer plans, you should seriously consider adding some music lessons to your schedule. Summer is a great time to expand your horizons and spend your free time having fun. Music lessons will help you learn a new skill and have fun along the way! Read on to find out five more reasons why summer is the best time for music lessons.
1. Summer Sun Boosts your Energy Longer days spell more sunshine, which actually boosts your mood and gives you more energy. What better way to use your extra summertime energy than learning to play a new instrument or brushing up on the musical skills you already possess?
2. Beat Boredom Once school is out, kids find themselves with a lot more free time and they don’t always know what to do with it. Learning an instrument is a great way to keep kids entertained and excited all summer long. Adults might feel bored with routines at work and home and catch a little bit of the summertime blues. Adding music lessons to your life is a great way to get out of a rut by learning a fun new skill.
3. Make New Friends Lots of people make new friends based on common interests, so why not get into music to meet some cool new people? Music camps for kids or evening classes for adults are a great way to make new friends this summer! For bonus points, you can go to a bonfire and show off your new guitar skills.
4. Cut Down on “Screen-Time” “Screen-Time” is the time you spend using your phone, computer or watching TV. While there’s nothing wrong with spending some leisure time online, research has found that reducing screen time can have very positive effects on kids’ brains, as well as adults. Learning an instrument gets you to focus on something away from your devices, not to mention the benefits of learning music for your brain. Use your time getting smarter this summer and take music lessons!
5. Make it an Adventure When summer ends and you reflect on how you spent your time, you’ll be happier if you have great memories from trying something new. Summer is a great time to travel and explore, and learning music is an incredible journey. You will meet new people and try things that may be outside your comfort zone, like performing at an open mic or jamming with new friends. Not everyone can travel to distant lands this summer, but anyone can embark on the journey of learning music.
Are you planning to take music lessons this summer? Share your goals in the comments below!
–Megan L. TakeLessons Staff Member and Blogger
Photo by Nicholaus Haskins